Newt's news

4 months. That's how long they have been together. 4 months since either of them have confessed their feelings for one another. Ever since their second battle against Grindelwald (that happened in Paris), things have been different between them. From first look to first kiss, things spiralled between them, all feelings are out there for the world to know and neither of them cared who did. That was until....

"Newt?"

Newt looked up at Tina, sitting next to him at the breakfast table, looking at him with a look of concern, idly munching on her toast.

"Yes, dear?" he asked. They only just begun the pet names.

"Is everything alright?" she gestures to the letter in his hands.

"Erm....yes" he says, although not convincingly.

"Newt..." Tina's look now changes to one she uses with interrogation, Newt recognises this after a few....disagreements.

"I really can't say"

"Why not?"

"Because it will upset you"

Tina puts down her half eaten slice of toast on a plate and folds her arms on the table.

"Try me" she says, trying to be brave. With Tina, when it comes to emotions, she's usually good at keeping them at bay. Although, when it comes to Newt, it's been proven difficult.

Newt takes a deep breath, puts down his letter and takes both of her hands in his.

"I have to go" he puts it, simply.

Tina looks confused. "Go? Go where?"

Newt looks into her eyes. Luckily no visible tears, yet, but he does not like the look on her face, full of mild concern.

"I have to go to Egpyt"

"Egypt?" she questions.

"Yes. There's been a sighting of another Thunderbird being trafficked. I need to go over there and save them" Newt has a pleading look in his eyes, tears beginning to form.

Tina smiles and squeezes his hands. "I know you do. You care so much for them. It's one of the reasons I love you" she then gasps after realising what she just told him.

Newt looks equally as shocked as her. Then he smiles a little.

"You do?" he asks.

Tina nods, her smile radiating. Newt smiles widely back. He tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear, as he did last year, leans in and kisses her. They pull apart a few minutes later. Their eyes sparkling with happiness.

"I love you too, Tina"

She kisses him, lasting slightly longer than their previous kiss.