Chapter 1

11:06 am, 26/6/14, At school

Sigh....I finally thought of writing down my thoughts. I just thought of something bad now...Life..Well,it is going bad.

Look, I have always wanted to be the best in everything. If not best, just very good. I don't need the praises and cheers and  attention of others, but a boost in my self esteem which falls down day by day, like a rock falling from a cliff. But that is like a dream that cannot be accomplished.

Not lying, but this week has been terrible. I failed Biology, cried in class , felt depressed the whole week and today as I write this is my last day of school before the summer vacs. It just feels so heart breaking when you work hard for something and the reality doesn't go up to your expectations. Nothing new to me..

Not just that.. I feel ignored all the time. I feel like a sidekick and a worthless person.

But If God Wills, everything will be okay soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present day

Oh God.. help me. This week has been horrifying. I have been feeling all sad and out of the blues. My health is going down and I'm confused about things in life. But first let me just introduce myself.

I am Zainab. I am a muslim in secular society. I have dark brown eyes and chocolate brown hair. I wear glasses and at times contacts. I had braces for a while but not any more. I am shy and don't talk much. Call me an introvert and I will nod my head to it. I have been wearing the hijab since I was 10. I am an avid reader, and I love seeking knowledge. I do not judge people easily, and I am here to listen to anyone's problems. I am a diagnosed patient of a health illness. 

           --------------

Yawn...... I open my eyes slowly and throw my screeching alarm across the wall. After the noise has subdued, I glance at my watch kept nearby. It is 5:30 am already. Time to get up and go to school...How fun . Before I fall asleep again and earn the wrath of my mom, i get up from my bed and go to the washroom to freshen up. I pray Salat Fajr, the first prayer of the day before I do anything else.

After getting ready and saying salam to my mom, I dash towards the metro station to catch the metro to school. I say my heys and hellos to my friends and we exchange news about our previous day.

I turn around and I catch an awkward glance from a boy standing quite a distance from me. Weird. I feel like I know him from somewhere. I sigh and turn back to my friends. A day of school a.k.a hell for students awaits me.