Chapter 1

"CONRAD!!" Hollered the staunch and grizzled Instructor Rahim at the young prince. He was supposed to be practicing magic combat but instead he was fluttering about with the Hakochoo birds that were flying about the capitol garden, propelling himself with fire magic being cast constantly from his feet and palms. He loved this spell as he originated it, he calls it Magic Engine. Conrad Roark was an energetic young lad of 17 years of age. His blonde wild hair is always being pushed away from his bright silver eyes. His wide frame cast a shadow over Rahim who's stern foggy blue eyes burned uncharacteristically with focus as he stared up at the young man. He went to yell, before he could though Conrad moved to the left and the bright lights of the stars Lumena and Enzicht cast down directly into those hazy eyes.

He cursed at the prince "Damnable child! Such insolence and disrespect. When I catch you better be ready for the most grueling sparring session you've ever experienced! Mark my words child!!"

The instructor stumbled away in a state of temporary blindness much to the amusement of Conrad. He took much delight in tricking the old man, not because he didn't like him, but rather because he was so gullible. The truth is Conrad actually admired the stout tutor and the countless battles he'd gone through for his father King Luxen Roark. All he was trying to do was be the hardest challenge Rahim had ever faced. He laughed like a loon for way too long at that the juvenile prank before he stopped abruptly.

"CON!" Yelled an all too familiar voice behind him from the peak of one of the observation towers stationed around the royal castle. He slowly turned around and looked at a fair skinned lady with long red hair flowing around her shoulders. Her piercing blue eyes containing all the rage of the ocean on stormy nights.

"How many times must I tell you young man that you ARE NOT to make Mr. Ahmed Rahim's job any harder. I expect to see you in the training dome in five minutes, if I don't see you may the clouds hide you from my wrath. No son of mine will act like such a delinquent." The Queen's words seemed to shake the very air around Conrad. He quaked in slight fear as his mother was known kingdom wide as easily the greatest battle mage the world has ever known. Her enchantments are what guard this city, not that others haven't guarded this golden metropolis but it consumed all their time and energy where as Queen Emma Roark only needed fifty percent of her power to put up a better barrier than any other before.

She was a rare mage as not only was she a born with the water element the rarest of the main four elements but she was also not born a royal but still mastered spirit magic a trait that only royals should be born with. Her reserves of macana, or magic energy was said to even out class the king himself. Not even the Head Mage Margge Bizark or Knight General Abdullah Babihala have ever won a duel against her at half power. Conrad nearly shook his boots off in fear, he snapped out of it and jetted toward the designated training dome so as not to be late and further infuriate his irate mother. He whistled his Song of the Sword to call his battle partner, the only black Wyvern the world has ever seen. The Wyvern are a beast that are protected and never hunted. Their whole life is dedicated to reproduction and finding its lifelong human brother-in-arms. Conrad's is named Vidt in the old dragon tongue but Conrad gave him the name Obelisk. On cue two large wings rise from the Draconic pens and Obelisk took to the skies to follow his ally. When they arrived the immense pressure of manaca was making just walking a warrior's trial. When they eventually made it into the center of the large arena Emma dropped from the viewing station. With each step she took toward him Conrad's legs weakened and his bones creaked. She eased off the aura has she stood inches from her boy, she raised her hand in the air.

Conrad looked up and knew what came next and managed to roll out of the way as a bolt of blue lightning struck the ground where he'd been. Obelisk spat his black flames in retaliation to no avail, she had formed a wave of water that was headed straight at him. Conrad hated that she didn't need to chant the name of her spells before casting. It was a skill only 8 mage in the entire world could claim mastery of. Conrad quickly shouted "I call from sky, Shooting Morning Star"