Tough Love

Just a couple of hours ago about 8:00 P.m Cherry found herself in a situation she didn't believe could happen. She was in the bathroom of a run down apartment and just outside the door was a male stranger who seemed to be in his 30's telling her he could make her feel better. Cherry didn't think he would bring her to his place. She simply got lost and wanted to go home and  that's where she thought they were headed. "Just a minute", she called out. She tried to call Phoebe but she didn't pick up then she called Max as her little hands were shaking. "What's up Cher", He answered and immediately he sensed something was wrong. "I need help", was all she said. With that Max took off and the fact that someone was about to harm is girlfriend he wasn't too happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:00 A.M

Max was at the kitchen counter drinking a glass of water as he kept replaying all the event that just happened. He was so furious. But he was able to calm down when he thought about the fact that Cherry was upstairs in Phoebes room safe and sound. He looked down at his cup and just then he felt someone wrap there arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. He turned around to hold her by the waist. It was no other than Cherry, his Cherry. "Whats wrong?", She asked in a soft smile. "um I don't know maybe that fact that some perv was planning to get taste you of tonight", He stated and released her as he went to take a seat at the table. Cherry blushed bright red at this. 

"How are you not upset?", He asked her trying to keep calm,she took a seat next to him. She sighed "Because i forgive him", she smiled. Max didn't say anything else after that. "You know i would have never gone through with it right?", Cherry explained. Max rubbed his forehead speechless. "What would you have done?", He questioned in a loud whisper. "I would have said no", she simply said. Max was speechless. Cherry was too precious for this world, she didn't belong here. He closed his eyes and looked at her. 

"Cherry that's not how it works with everyone and that guy was one of them, he wouldn't have just said okay. Sometimes when a man wants a beautiful girl with him for the night he does whatever it takes even if it isn't willingly", Max explained. 

"But that's wrong", She said close to tears.

"People do bad things", He told her and he knew that very well.

"But you would never do that so why would he", Cherry crossed her arms.

"Because i'm a good guy now", I told her. 

"I just don't want to believe that trusting people has become a bad thing", She held her head up.

"I mean you would never hurt me", She said to him.

"Of course i wouldn't but that doesn't mean i'm not capable of doing so", Max said and that shocked cherry. "No you can't, because there are only good people in this world", she declared. She refused to believe that there wasn't. Max took a deep breath.  "Get outside Cherry...it's time you learned the truth", he said as they both walked outside and he closed the door. She need to get out of her rainbows and candy world.

"Turn forward and look straight ahead", he ordered. Cherry looked confused but did so. She didn't know what she was getting herself into. As she did this she felt Max come up from behind her, she felt very unsure of this. He took her arm and bend it behind her back. "Ouch", She yelled. she felt his grip get tighter. "What gives?", she cried in pain. 

"this kind of things is what happens to people, this is the kind of pain victims of bullying feel", Max said.

"Yea that's right! even kids hurt each other...on purpose",Max finished.

Cherry was hissing in pain. She refuses to believe that.

"No", she said.

"Yes because there are bad people and unfortunately i was one of them", Max told her.

"No you weren't because people don't hurt people", Cherry cried. He let her go. Max pulled out her phone and showed her the latest news. Her eyes widened in horror. "There's an explanation", she murmured. "Yea maybe there is but you see what i just did to you, i proved that even the people the people closest to you can hurt you", Max explained. "Max you have no right to take this away from me", Cherry cried. "I'm doing this because i care about you and the world takes girls like you, chews them up and spits them out", Max shook his head. As Max came closer Cherry saw rage in his eyes. He pushed her and knocked her over. "This world is nasty place, it doesn't care how good you are, it knock and beat you down", Max yelled at Cherry. She was so hurt. How could this world that gave her family and friends be so cruel. "Life will hit you some day and you have to be ready", He complied. "But that doesn't mean you can't shine because if i'm being honest Cherry....Your one of the brightest flames,light,and star we have on this earth", Max said.

Cherry was so angry, she turned to leave but Max used his powers and tripped her. She hit the floor than sat up to hold her ankle seeing it was bruised. That was it...she started sobbing. "Look at me Cherry", he whispered. "CHERRY!LOOK AT ME", He demanded more angry. She saw that rage in his eye's again and just couldn't believe it was her beloved Max. He kept glaring at her then watched as she sobbed. He came closer to were she was sitting and squatted down next to her. He saw that he had done it. After that moment something changed in her facial expression she didn't have that bubbly look. She was had so much more. She was a stronger person.  He wiped her tears. 

"Let me tell you something you need to know..the world isn't all rainbows and sunshine", Max shook his head.

"This is tough love but i do love you so much", He kissed her forehead. He did it for her own good.

She gave a very small smile behind her tears.

"Stay with me, i'll keep you safe", He hugged her.