Of Heroes & Men

Narrative: Michelle Jones is a beloved reporter for the Daily Bugle. Peter Parker is a photographer for the same company, but he has a secret. He is secretly the famed superhero "Spider-Man" that her team loves to write about. After Michelle got a small unexpected interview with the masked hero, their rendezvous' become a regular habit. And though he is use to facing many battles, it's her turn now to face a battle. One that is of her feelings: choosing between the hero or the photographer.

A short story based off the adventures of Lois and Clark. A love-triangle to beat all triangles.
____________________________________

As boring days turn out for Michelle Jones, today had got to be the most boring, ever. Her team was running slow and there was no villain to run amok. The political and worldly issues was also quiet, meaning nothing to opine to. So she had to turn to the one thing that would somewhat save her job. Writing reviews.

This week's review was going to be on the new broadway production of Can You See Me, just as her editor asked. But Michelle knew that would bore the minds of everyone who'd read it. So going against her boss's wishes she went out on to the streets to find a new topic, one inspirational and wouldn't put her in a coma due to boredom. She stood up from her desk and headed out of office. Before she had left she told her team of amateur writers where she would be headed.

"Do you think that's really a good idea? I don't think chief would like that," Jason Ionello voiced his opinion. "No he won't, but if he wants a story he most certainly won't find it here. Unless, of course, it's telling the world about how many staff members he's screwed in his office without his wife finding out," Michelle quipped as she walked out, leaving them to be speechless at her audacity.
••••••

Walking down the streets of Queens, New York, Michelle took note of the very interesting people and places she came across; a relay race at the park for senior citizens, two new shops opening downtown, and an antique like coffee shop who's owner had stories to tell about the old place. This was the type of exposure she knew her readers would like because they showed the reality of appreciation for the smaller things in life rather than the populace. Later on she walked around even more to list the events of the day she found fascinating. She ended her work by late evening that day, making her way back to the Daily Bugle's building. But halfway through she was stopped.

Grunts and what she had thought was the metal clanging of a dumpster, could be heard in the alley a few feet from her. Michelle being a reporter, curiosity followed her so she headed towards the alley with no hesitation. In front of her, she was witnessing Spider-Man take on a Knight. More specifically it was the same one from the article she wrote days ago about a new villain who called himself, Knightingale. Nobody knew his origin all she knew though was Knightingale posed yet another threat to the city of Queens. And Spider-Man would always be there to stop it.

Spider-Man seemed to be struggling even as Michelle mentally cheered him on. It wasn't until he spun a web that knocked out the weapon off Knightingale's hands, that he started to gain the upper hand. The bludgeon had landed dangerously close to Michelle's feet that she stood in shock, processing the reality of what just happened. She soon snapped out of it when she saw the spandex hero losing control again. The hero was now being slammed onto the brick wall of a building as the knight themed villain pulled out a silver sword.

Michelle couldn't stand to watch what would happen, and she acted so fast she barely knew what she was doing. But once she heard metal clanging against metal, she knew she had done something.