Small Town Girl

Hey guys! Just a quick note: I own nothing to do with Reba. I'm only using her as a character for these one-shots. I am also taking requests for this book, so feel free to make them! Please give me your honest opinion when reviewing.

***

Growing up in a small town, you listened to country music your whole entire life. It was sort of expected of you, in a sense. There was one specific country music star, however, that was your hands down favorite. She was the Queen of Country: Reba McEntire.

The small town was smaller than the towns surrounding it. There weren't many buildings, and there wasn't much to do; most of your time was spent running in the woods, speeding down dirt roads with your music blaring and sitting in front of a bonfire with a beer in your hand.

After living in the town for eighteen years of your life, you move to one of the bigger towns. The town has triple the amount of buildings, and there was a lot more to do. You had a couple of good friends who were really close. However, they lived on the edges of your old town and that meant that you couldn't hang out with them as much as you used to. That made you feel lonely and sort of depressed. You don't know why you feel so lonely and depressed about the situation. The not knowing why, makes you beyond frustrated.

Years of counseling started to go away, and you were slipping back into your ways of having bad thoughts, anxiety, and anger issues. Tears rolling down your face was something that happened on a daily basis and gave you an almost 24/7 headache. Once again, frustration takes it's place, because you don't know why moving effected you so much.

Your parents try to help you cope and they do help, if only a little bit. That's when you turn to music. Listening to it, calms you down. It becomes a saving grace to you.

For the next two years, you fall into the same familiar pattern; wake up, eat when needed, watch movies, listen to music all day, and sleep. You start to feel better, though not completely. Throughout this whole time, there's one person who has helped you the most.

Her name is Reba McEntire.

There's something about Reba's voice that soothes you; it's silky smooth and comforting, has an amazing vocal range and you can't forget her southern twang she has when she talks.

Then you have Reba's personality. She is graceful, with a spitfire attitude. She is also known for being humble, kind and caring, as well as generous. Those qualities, are why her fans adore her.

xxx

Three years after you move to the bigger town, you take a faith based course that helps you gain the confidence and skills needed for the workforce, and you get a job at supermarket near your house. You've struggled for years to get where you are now. With changes in your medications, coaching from your pastor and mentor, and through music, things start looking up for you.

The job you have is taxing. You tire out easily and are wound up at the end of your shift, wanting nothing more than to relax. The first thing you do when you get home is change into your pj's and plug in your headphones. The song that appears first on your screen is I'll Be- by none other than, Reba. After the song finishes playing, you decide to write her a letter on how much her music has helped you in many ways and how entertaining she is.

You figure that Reba is so busy and wouldn't be able to read your letter, so you forget about it. Months go by, and all you do is your normal routine. Wake up, eat, work, listen to music until bedtime, sleep and repeat.

Five months after you've sent the letter, your family seems more chipper than usual. You think nothing much of it, as this sometimes happens. You get ready for work and get there right on time to clock in.

Half way through the day and just after your lunch break, your co-workers are smiling more than normal. While they are usually a smiley group of people, this amount of smiles gives you somewhat of an eerie feeling. A feeling that you know something is going to happen, but what or when, you don't know.

You're standing at your register, wiping it down after the last customer. When you're done, you crouch down to put the paper towel and cleaner under the register. As you stand back up and look at your next customer, your eyes widen in surprise and your jaw drops.

Reba McEntire is standing in front of you, with a smile on her face. She sets a bottle of sweet tea and a pack of gum on the belt. "Seen this lane was empty, and figured I'd pop in."

All you can do is stare at her. You don't mean to be creepy by doing so, but you're shocked and you're mind has gone blank.

You feel a hand on your back, and it's the service coordinator*. "Go ahead and turn your light off. You can go for the day."

Once you finish ringing her up, you sign out of the register and clock out for the day. You wonder why in the heck Reba McEntire is in a small town like yours; a small town where nothing exciting really happens. Maybe she got your letter?

"Hey, friend! How are you?" she asks.

You smile wide. "I'm great, better now that you're here!"

"Wanna hang out for the day?"

Your eyes light up, "I'd love to! Let me head to the break room and grab my things."

Once you reach the break room, you quickly open your locker and grab your things.

"All set?"

You smile. "Yes ma'am."

xxx

Here is part one! If I were to meet Reba, this is one scenario I picture it going. Part two will be what we are doing while hanging out. Every part after chapter two, is stories that have nothing to do with me.

*Service Coordinator- a cashier that tells people what registers they're working and when their breaks are. Sort of like a boss.

Note: I have no idea when the next update will be. Sorry.