The Journey Begins

Kingdom of Liones, Outskirts, Capital City

It was mayhem.. A young night walked around cautiously, hand on his sword. Suddenly he heard a man call out to him. He looked over his shoulder, to see an elderly man, waving him over. He quickly ran over to him. The two began walking down an alley, and conversation quickly began. "Where are you from, lad?"

"C- Cains, Sir."

"Cains?" The elderly man contemplated for a moment. "I've been serving this kingdom for years and I've never heard of 'Cains' before."

"Th- that doesn't surprise me, sir. It's out in the boonies."

"If you're this flustered, you'll never make Holy Knight Apprentice." The young man was taken aback by this, slightly appalled to the idea.

"M- Me? No, I could never be a Holy Knight, Sir." "Hmm..." Again, the elderly man contemplated in thought for a minute. "This job may be hard for someone like you..."

As they reached the end of the alleyway, the young man stared in horror and shock at the sight before him. Countless corpses, all seemingly having been brutally slaughtered. He took a step back, not wishing to stare at the sight anymore, but not being able to tear his gaze away. "A- Are those-?" "Yes.." The elderly man spoke. "Holy Knights, one and all. And as you can see they were slaughtered..." The young man's eyes widened in horror, who could have such great power to do such a feat?!

"By just eight people," the elderly man finished.

---

Ten Years Later...

Near Cains

A strange knight in armor wandering around in the early morning light, seemingly exhausted. Just whom is behind that rusted armor...?

It was a normal day at the Boar Hat. A young kid was tending to it, with a cocktail waitress that would beat anyone up if they so much as dared to stare at her ass. "Here ya go," she said, "five stiens." The cocktail waitress lazily handed out beer to that table then disappeared behind the counter. The kid did her share of handing things out, when someone commented on how he was a good waiter for someone so young.

He smirked to himself before saying, "I'm not a waiter, I'm the owner. Our only cocktail waitress is rather lazy." As the kid walked away, people muttered about the fact that this... Kid was the owner of a bar.

The kid served a table their food as the waitress prepared beer platters at the counter. "Here you go," the kid said. He stood there, watching the people's reaction. He had an idea of what was about to happen, though.

"Ah, this looks good!" One of the men said. I wouldn't count on it.. The cocktail waitress thought. Simultaneously, all three men tried the meat pie. They spit it out at once. The cocktail waitress sighed. Of course, it's the Prince's cooking. He can't cook to save a life.

"It's disgusting!" one of the men at the table cried.

"Figures," the tiny blonde haired kid said. "Our Rep is for good ale, not good food."

"You shoulda let me cook it, my Prince." The waitress went ignored.

The men from the table stood. "You coulda mentioned that!" one of them cried.

"What're ya trying to cheat us or something?" the largest man said, pushing up already short sleeves.

"Hey, should we mess with him, he's gotta sword.."

"Looks like we've gotta rough crowd tonight," the kid said, snapping, "come clean this mess up." Ominous sounding footsteps started, causing the bartend-ees to look over in fear. The cocktail waitress rolled her eyes but kept a straight, unreadable face.