By Myself Chapter 1

-SHORT STORY- "No one should be alone when being in pain, silent one. Take my hand, share your pain and I will carry it with you. Only then forever can begin." A little Vinnie-X-Charley fluff. 

This little story takes place right after "Once Upon A Time On Mars".
I'm not sure how many chapters there will be, at least two since I already wrote both of them. But the second one still needs some perfection time, so let's just start with the first.
After the usual disclaimers, that is.

Disclaimers:
1. I don't own the Biker Mice From Mars
2. English isn't my first language, so I'm sure there will be some grammatical mistakes, my apologies in advance.

............................................................................

Chapter 1

The clear sky above the city of Chicago, Illinois slowly darkened as clouds began to form. Shadows fell over the outskirts of the Windy City, but one hardly noticed for it was the middle of the night.
Most of the people were fast asleep, for a moment escaped from the big bad world outside, all living their dream.

And so too did Charley, although she was one of the few exceptions who wasn't living her dream, simply because nightmares needed to stay nightmares.
No one wanted a nightmare to become reality, for it was already hard enough to just lie in bed and wait helplessly till the horror was over.
To wait for the moment to wake up and realize it was just a nightmare.

Just a nightmare...

As the storm slowly came closer, ready to release hell right above the city, Charley twisted and turned in her bed, her mind replaying the things she'd learned today.
It was a lot to take in, so it didn't come as a surprise that she was having a nightmare instead of peacefully living her dream.
It was a way for the mind to process the dark sides of life.
And there were a lot of dark sides in the mice their lives.

It was then when a loud scream made the human female almost jump out her skin and she flew upright, her green eyes wide open.
She looked wildly around her, her heart racing, desperately searching for the source of this sudden wake-up call.
Noise was heard downstairs and she blinked a few times before it dawned upon her.

The mice.

Something was up.
Still yawning, but somehow grateful to be awakened from her restless sleep, she slid out of bed and quickly grabbed some clothes.
After reliving some pretty tense moments of their lives today, Charley had offered them to spend the night here, at the garage. She wasn't sure why, since the mice acted like this had been just an ordinary day, but something had told her to keep them close.

Maybe it was the sadness she'd seen in Modo's eye.
Maybe it was the sound of despair she'd heard in Throttle's voice when he was telling their story.
Or maybe it was Vinnie's slip of the tongue when he intended to say her name.
She didn't know.
But whatever the reason may be, she'd asked them to stay.
And they did.

Just when she put on her blouse, she heard a sound she would recognize anywhere.
It was a bike that started its powerful engine, more specific; Vinnie's bike.
The sound of squealing tires followed and Charley quickly rushed downstairs, but only to find Throttle and Modo sitting in the small kitchen that was attached to the workspace of the garage.
One of the motorized shutters was already closing again, but not before she could feel how the wind picked up as it blew cold air into the garage, the sound of thunder roaring in the distance.

She wrapped her blouse tighter around her body as she stopped next to the table where both Modo and Throttle sat.
"What's going on? Shouldn't you go after him?", she asked worriedly, pointing with her thumb at the door that was now closed again.
But Throttle calmly shook his head.
"Nah, it's better to leave him alone for now."
Charley gave him a confused look, not understanding why the tan-furred mouse didn't take action.