Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. Nexus 6

There are two versions of the Galaxy Note 4, and one of them is identical in performances to the Nexus 6. The Note 4 ships with a quad core processor with a speed limited at 2.7 GHz or with an octa-core processor with clocking set at 1.3 GHz + 1.9 GHz wholesale nibiru h1 . Both versions are shipped with 3GB RAM, exactly the same as the Nexus 6. The Nexus 6 is powered by the quad core processor clocked at 2.7 GHz, which is the Snapdragon 805 chipset. The on board storage of the Nexus 6 is limited at 32 and 64 GB respectively, while the Note 4 ships with 32 GB of built in memory. The advantage Samsung’s device has is in the external storage. While the Note 4 can expand its memory via microSD card for 128 GB, the Nexus 6 doesn’t offer support for external memory. At the moment, the Note 4 runs on the Android 4.4 KitKat, while the Nexus 6 is shipped with Android 5.0 Lollipop. However, the Note 4 is one of the first handsets expected to get the update.

This is where the similarities between the devices end, and Samsung starts to gain control. The powerful 16-MP sensor on the back of the Note 4 comes with LED flash and optical image stabilization, delivering 4K image and video recording. On the front of the device, Samsung has placed a 3.7-MP sensor. The Nexus 6 ships with a 13-MP sensor that also has OIS and 2x LED flash instead of one for more light exposure. The front facing camera is less powerful than the one in the Note 4, and it is a 2-MP sensor.

This is an area where the Nexus 6 is the superior device and more reliable device. Google’s handset delivers up to 24 hours of talk time, unlike the Note 4 that can deliver up to 10 hours. The difference in capacity is not that much, but Nexus 6 comes with some nifty features for battery efficiency.

As the year is closing in, it is safe to say that there would be no big announcement in the following months.

Better said, up until March 2015, when the World Mobile Congress should take place, there is no special smartphone on the horizon. However, that is not to say that the options on the market are slim. On the contrary, with so many valuable phablets out there, it is hard to choose the best one. But we can safely say that the Note 4 and the Nexus 6 are cream of the crop. How do they compare to one another? Let’s find out.

Samsung has finally made the jump to premium build quality with the Note 4. The phone is wrapped up in plastic case, but the frame is metal. The design of the phone continues the core principles of the Note line, which is flat screen and slightly rounded edges. Some improvements are made, such as toning down the faux leather on the back of the device. Overall, the Note 4 is a minimalistic device with great design for a phablet. The Nexus 6 has abandoned the minimalistic approach towards design, and implements more of the principles of Motorola, the company responsible for manufacturing the handset. The Nexus 6 is a huge plastic device, but still feels rather comfortable in the hand. For comparison, the dimensions of the two devices are 153 x 78 x 8.5 for the Note 4 and 159 x 83 x 10.1 for the Nexus 6. Screen resolution is the same 1440 x 2560 pixels wholesale THL 5000 , but due to the difference in size of the display, the Note 4 delivers better density of 515ppi. The Note 4 features a 5.7 inches screen display that uses Super AMOLED technology. The Nexus 6 comes with a 5.9 inches screen display.