One-Shot

I am a Villainess.

But I thoroughly enjoy my role.

I think the gods were fair when they sent me here.

Am I not sent to be the Messenger of Doom for the unsuspecting real villains in this world?

I've been ready. I'm born for the role.

Now, I will conquer.

***

I ended up in an Otome Game- Yan Yan Yandere, the ultimate Yandere otome game in the market. It was an absolute hit among fujoshis, young and old.

The game was about a sweet little bunny-like girl who was sent to an elite school after she managed to pass the strict entrance exam.

There she met several male students who ended up being admirers of hers.

I personally shipped the heroine with the Crown Prince as I enjoy shipping the original couples best. Plus, masochists males with sad backgrounds were my thing.

And as all cliche transmigration stories go, I found myself waking up into the villainess of the story's body. My name is Eliza Herrington.

But you can call me Eli.

***

The yandere villainess, Eliza was the fiancee of the future Knight Captain, Henry Whillard. Her character was one of the most disliked character for how petty and vicious she was. She was utterly incorrigible and used all means to dispose her rivals. Of her methods, she favoured either setting people on fire, or unscrupulous schemes.

She had loyal followers, a myriad of admirers and tons of money.

This kind of winner in life was known as a lowlife villain in an otome game. Really, I laugh at the ludicrous common sense of a girl game.

However, now that I am Eliza, I will use this life well spent.

If I were to doom myself in the end, it would be one without regrets.

That is, if the condemnation event will actually happen succesfully in this lifetime.

***

"Eliza."

"Yes?"

The tall beautiful lady in a sleek auburn ombre dress was smiling gently, drinking the freshly dried flowers-infused tea.

"Eliza...?"

"Yes, my dear Father?"

The handsome middle-aged man with a few creased lines at his eyes wearily frowned.

"Father would like to ask you something."

"My dear Father, you can ask anything from this daughter of yours."

"Then, my dear daughter. May I ask if the fire at the palace last night your doing?"

Eliza smiled contentedly as she bit into a lavender earl grey macaron.

"Father, how could you ever think that? Your dear daughter knows that our family are staunch monarchists. Why and how would your daughter ever set fire into the Palace's study room that is heavily guarded?"

Her father's eyebrow twitched. Then why was there a note in his daughter's favourite lemon citronella-scented paper handwritten in beautiful cursive writing mocking the crown prince on the table of the desk as evidence?? Also, the crude drawing of his Highness in ... unspeakable positions with his male retainers... Why did Lord Herrington feel that this had the scent of his daughter everywhere?