Bad Night Turned Good

Wes got home one night from a long day at work. He took off his shoes and laid down in bed to sleep. He didn't even bother showering. He fell asleep almost immediately. At 2:00 AM, he gets woken up by a call from Courtney. He sleepily answered. "Hello? Is everything okay?" Courtney almost immediately responds.
"Wes, I'm so, so sorry to bother you this late, but can you come pick me up outside my apartment?"
She seemed to be crying. Without even thinking, Wes bolted out of his bed, got on shoes and a shirt, and started driving to Courtney's apartment. Once he got there, he saw her crying on the steps that go up to her apartment. "Hey Courtney, what's wrong?! I'm here for you!"
She looked up to Wes and hugged him. That is exactly what she needed at the moment, so he just sat and hugged her back. After a few seconds, they both get up and go to Wes's car.
"So what happened?" Wes asks
"He...cheated..." Courtney said. She began to cry again.
"I'm so sorry Court-" she cut him off
"I'm sorry to inconvenience you this late!" Wes looks at her and sincerely says "Courtney you know that this doesn't bother me! I will always be there for you when you need me!"
"But Wes, it's 2:30 in the morning!"
"Does it look like I care? I'll be here no matter what time it is." Wes said. This made her even more emotional to know that she had such a good friend. They soon got to Wes's apartment. When they got inside, Courtney laid down in the couch. Wes looked confused. "Ummmmm...what are you doing?" He asked.
Courtney looked just as confused. "Laying on the couch..." she responded.
"No, you're taking the bed. I'll sleep on the couch." Wes insisted.
"No. I'm just fine on the couch!"
Wes walked over to her and held his hand out to bring her to his bed, and she didn't move. "Wes I already woke you up at 2:00 to come pick me up. At least go lay in your nice, comfy bed!"
"Courtney I already told you that I don't mind! I'm here for you no matter what! And I don't mind sleeping on the couch!"
Courtney felt bad no matter how many times he said he was there for her. She feels that he still needed to sleep in his bed, but she knew how stubborn Wes was. There was only one way that he would sleep in his bed.
"Wes, I'll only sleep in your bed if you sleep in it with me!" Wes looked shocked.
"Well...alrighty then. I guess...only if you're comfortable with it."
Courtney couldn't believe she did this. "Suuuuuuure." She said very hesitantly. Wes held out his hand to help her up from the couch. She stared at his hand for a second, then took it. She couldn't believe that she was going to sleep in Wes's bed...with him.
They got into his room. It was a little messy, but better than most guy's rooms. There were a few shirts on the floor, and some cups of water on the nightstand.
"Which side do you want?" Wes asked.
"Whichever one you don't want." Courtney said.
"I'm being serious! Do you want right or left?"
"I guess right...I don't like sleeping by windows."
"Alright! Do you want some water? I always keep some by the bed at night."
"Sure! Thanks again, Wes!" He smiled at her before heading out the door. "Anything for you."
"Did I really just say that?!" Wes thought to himself. He walked back to the room with their water, and climbed into bed. Next to Courtney. Who he may or may not be developing feelings for. Once they were settled into bed, it didn't take either of them long to fall asleep.