[ The Attack ]

Paladins Under Fire

Fire was all around him.

Pieces of broken fighter ships lay scattered all around him, his lion lifeless in front of him. His head fuzzy from all the times he got knocked around. "K-Kei-th...Keith!"

Their voices sounded far away yet they were right in his helmet. Everything was foggy and his body was calling out for sleep, "G-G..Guys." His voice came out soft and barely audible.

"Keith, just stay there. We're coming to your position." Shiro's voice made him relax, gave him a small amount of hope.

Then he heard yelling in his headset. That's when the fear began to sink in. He was all alone and his chances of a pick up were dwindling. He could barely move and his head felt like he got hit by a million bricks. Keith tried to think but even that hurt to much. Opening his eyes a little bit wider, he watches the fight continues on all around him. The attack wasn't letting up and Voltron wasn't winning. He wasn't going to get out of this alive, or at least that's what he thought.

The voices of his friends began to fade in and out. They were in trouble and there was no way he could help them. That blast that hit him and made his lion eject him into space left him feeling weak. He manages to right himself but that changes when a galran fighter races passes him, his body begins to flip and turn.

"G-Guys!" He calls out weakly, hoping someone would come and help him. "S-Shiro.."

Shiro and the other paladins heard Keith desperately call out for them, his voice sounded so desperate. It was something that none of them had heard before, well all but Shiro. "Hold on, Paladins. We're coming to assist you."

Hearing that the castle of lions was coming to their defense made Keith feel somewhat better. He knew that he and his friends could finally turn this around and have galra running back to Zarkon with their tails between their legs, figuratively and non-figuratively. Or so he thought.

Yes, the castle of lions did put a strain on the galran soldiers but they al started to pull back when the heavy fire became to much. "Someone go get Keith and the Red Lion, they're just a sitting duck out there."

"I'm on it." Lance replies as he goes to get his friend.

But before he could get to Keith a fighter started to attack his lion. It gave the perfect cover to get what the galra wanted from that battle. A galran sentry ejects from a ship near by Keith and starts to pull him towards the ship it just got off of. Keith did his best to try and fight the sentry but it didn't work out so well, his arms felt like noodles. The boy hated asking for help but right now he needed it.

"Guys!" He called out in his head set, "I-I-I need help. I can't move anything..."

"Help!" Keith yells out as the sentry drags him to the ship near by.

The Paladins lock on to Keith and the only thing they could do was somewhat watch as the robot sentry dragged Keith inside the ship, barely putting up a fight. "Keith!" Shiro yelled as he watched the ship and the rest of the galra fleet they were fight disappear. Taking the red paladin with them.

The last thing any of them hear him say before there connection with Keith was cut off, "Help me please!" The sadness and urgency in his voice put a pit in the Paladins stomach. None of them had heard the hot headed red paladin say anything like that to any of them.

Once the red paladin was aboard the ship the sentry began to remove Keith's paladin armor and helmet, releasing the paladin and taking away his only form of communication with his team. He tried to fight but again his efforts were proven useless against the robot sentry. He felt so horrible, he was a trained paladin and also a member of the blades, he should be able to take down and simple sentry. He couldn't even do one simple task. Doubt started to seep into his mind.

How could he call himself a paladin?

The sentry cuffs him to one of the polls in the cargo bay and says in its robotic voice, "Stay put and quiet or punishment will follow."

Keith would've said something but his vision started to go fuzzy. Black, white, and pink dots began to overwhelm him. A numbness filled his body. His body lurched forward, as far as the cuffs would allow him. And with that his eyes slammed close and he was met with untold darkness. The kind that was powerful overpowering and unkind.

He was in the hands of Zarkon.

_____________________

𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥: 823

_____________________