Chapter 1

I do not own Youjo Senki or any of the LN.

===

Chapter 1

===

Unified Year 1924

'Everything is going according to plan!' Thought a small girl no older than 10 years old.

'All that's left to do is to use signaling theory to show my human resources value and it's off to the elite track!' Smiling while going to her seat at the front.

"I'm telling you Captain Uger! You don't need to worry about me I am capable and responsible enough to take care of myself."

Tanya looked to the entrance where Captain Maximilian Johann von Uger was having a conversation with a boy inches taller than herself. She guessed she shouldn't be suprised the Empire was a militaristic nation there was bound to be recruits that are the same age as she is but what she didn't expect is to see one of those young recruits in the War College.

Captain Uger put his hands on his hips and sighed "I know that, I just can't believe that you're here as young as you are." Captain Uger said clearly distressed.

"And why not? I even have the paperwork and the letter belonging from command that I am to be transferred to continue my studies in the War College." the unnamed boy said irritated, then he took a deep breath, "Look we'll talk more about this later let's just go to our seats."

Tanya was confused, what is his relationship with Captain Uger to speak to him so informally like that. The boy had black hair standing at a height of 5'1 inches with a standard officer uniform with patches that give evidence that he is a 1st Lieutenant in the Imperial Army with computation orb that looks exactly like the standard computation orb but instead of the orb being crimson it was colored a dull gray, It looked as if it was somewhat incomplete.

Tanya's eyes widened,'A new model perhaps?' she couldn't believe he got permission to develop another one. She subconsciously stared at the unnamed boy thinking that she was doing a great job not to get noticed, little did she know that the boy in question noticed the stare and gave no reaction to it.

She then after a few seconds averted her eyes and sat straight up eagerly waiting for the class to start and everything after that was a blur.

===

"Haah...." a boy in a standard 1st Lieutenant uniform sighed.

His name was Viktor Aurick Uger, like Tanya he was also what the upper brass called a 'prodigy', he graduated early from the OCS and was sent to be a test subject for a sister project for the Elinium T-95. Dr. Adelheid von Schugel had asked for him because the normal computation orbs was very incompatible and hard to control for his formulas which always baffled others, he could do the basic things but it felt like the damn things were sucking him dry.

They had thought that the prototype orb can fix the problem but alas the T-95 still has the same results even after it being much more advanced. The higher ups since then had halted his tests on the orb other than for Tanya because for some odd reason she was the only one capable of using it without it blowing up, but he wasn't going to complain, the scientist had a few loose screws in his head. It was only an accident that he had come across this orb or as the doctor put it a 'failed' project.

It wasn't even suppose to work according to him since it lacked the essentials, It baffled the doctor that he was able to even use it at all and had tried to get him to stay for more research but the request for transfer was already accepted and since they couldn't explain why the said failed orb worked so well with him, and he couldn't use other orbs without him getting tired, and for a lack of a better alternative, they had given him the orb on the pretense that it was getting a field test.