the bottom of the road.

It was a Monday, of course it was, it was a shitty day, me and my dad had been driving for hours to our "fresh start" all the way in California, he bought the house after my mom died, he thought it would fix everything but I knew it wasn't going to work, I sat in the back seat looking at all the passing traffic, all the cool cars, I knew that must mean I was nearly there. We continued driving for around an hour before we arrived.

I hadn't seen the new house in person yet but oh boy it was a big house, I wondered where my dad was even able to have that type of cash. Around the house there were smaller cuter more innocent looking houses, the house was near the end of this little lane we lived on. As we drived around the neighbourhood to sus out whether it was a "welcoming" sort of place, we drive by the house at the bottom of the lane, it caught my eyes, it had orange bricks and it was quite cute, I seen a boy sitting in the lawn with a dog, he had curly blonde hair and he just sat there playing with this dog, he looked up at me and noticed me in my car window looking at him, he let out an innocent smile before I smiled back and my dad said "you ready to get settled in?" Whilst he turned the car back around to go back up to our new house. "Yeah I guess" I said not to excitedly.

I held all my belonging in boxes as my dad unlocked the door. He pushed the door opened "so? What do you think Jane?" He asked excitedly. "Great so were the addams family now?" I said being shocked at the houses scary demeanour, "Oh come on it's not that bad. Go up stairs and unpack, I swear you'll love it here" He said before I trotted up stairs and looked for the nicest room. I picked one that was painted a violet colour, it seemed perfect for me, as I unpacked quietly I looked around and noticed my dad had already brung my furniture and bed here, i was placing my clothes in my dresser before I heard a floor board creek, I turned around to see a girl, around my age, she had longish blonde hair. "So I see you picked my old room." She said whilst smiling. "Uh. Yeah but how did you get in here." I asked shocked by her being in my room. "The door was open, I just want you to know that if you see anything that freaks you out don't worry about it. Okay?" She said nicely. "Oh yeah totally thanks" I said as she walked out. "Oh wait what's your name, I'm Jane." I said before she turned around and said "It's violet" sweetly before walking out. I let out a small giggle, she seemed cool, I hope all the neighbors aren't as friendly as that. I mean I hope they are nice but I also hope they don't just walk into my room.

I finished unpacking and stood back to take a look at my room, it looked pretty badass, I smiled looking st my finished product before I walked down the stairs to find my dad. He was in the kitchen preparing to muffins, for me to go down to the neighbors house to give them. My dad always believed first impressions are the most important.

I sighed and complied, i left my house and started walking to my neighbors, holding to vanilla muffins. I approached the door before breathing in and knocking it, i was weirdly nervous. The door was opened by the very same boy I seen playing with a dog when I arrived but now he seemed different, he was quite rude actually he gave me a disgusted kind of look, before averting his eyes to the floor and saying "what?" He wouldn't look right at me always looking around me.

"I-I'm new here" I paused "I wanted to introduce myself." I said looking at him. He began "I don't want whatever you have t.." he paused as he finally looked at me. "to give me, but you can come in if you like" his demeanour changed from angry to flirty. I laughed before handing him the cakes and laughing slightly. "I'll pass" I said before walking away. I liked it. In my old town I was old news, at the beginning boys loved me but then they got bored so a new town sounded fun. He had a strange homely feeling towards him. It's like he's the type of person that makes you feel warm, like a lit fireplace on a cold winters day. Sounds corney I know but its how I felt. He way so mysterious.