Starting Family Traditions

Christmas Eve. One would think my husband would be home tonight to spend the evening with his family. Most husbands were, but then again, most husband weren't holding the title of Number One Hero or the Symbol of Peace. My husband was holding both those titles, and while I appreciated and adored his dedication and love for his job, it irritated me that on holidays such as this he was still out fighting crime and protecting everyone from villains.

I sighed, but regretted that decision when a puff of air was pumped into me through my cannula. Personally, I hated the thing, but it was pumping air into my lungs, just was annoying at times. With a shake of my head I heard the sound of my husband's obnoxious laughter coming from the living room. Guess he saved more people, he was truly a man among men. However, what caught me off guard was the laughter that came after it, high-pitched and giggly.

I moved, dragging my oxygen tank with me as I walked into the living room of Toshinori's and my new home. Little Hana, the very apple of my eye, was bouncing in her little bouncer, watching her father on the screen and clapping her hands. Her bright blue eyes focused on the screen before to canted her head at me and smiled. I gave a smile back as I patted her bleached blonde tuft of hair. "Yes, yes Hana, that's your Daddy on T.V. He's out saving the world, and when he's all done, he'll come home and spend Christmas Eve with us...hopefully."

Another sigh left my lips as I turned to face the screen. There stood my Toshinori, strong, firm, like a god, his power could compare to that of a god. He was resolute, and that stupid grin was plastered to his face, such a showman. It was awful. Like he read one of his comic books, picked his favorite cliched superheroes and decided to emulate that. Annoying. I grit my teeth as I kept patting Hana's head and forced a smile. "Daddy will be home soon, he is a very busy man. I just hope he's home to spend Christmas with us." With that I went back into the kitchen to finish preparing a meal that was meant for two but would most likely be for one.

As I began dragging my oxygen tank back into the kitchen though, I heard a crash outside, causing panic to course through me. If a villain was attacking near-by...Hana and I were unguarded. Tenseness coursed through my veins as I turned to look around the room for any blunt object I could use to assault whoever the Hell was coming towards my home on Christmas Eve. The tenseness didn't last long though as I heard the footsteps on the doorstep and then the door creaked open to reveal two blonde bangs and then the dirtied and bruised face of my idiot husband. "Have no fear my Flowers, I'm here!" He laughed as he entered the home, carrying a package with him.

I put a hand to my chest and groaned. "Toshi, for the love of Christ don't scare me like that! I thought you were a villain!" I adjusted my cannula as I glared at him. "I swear..."

Toshinori walked over to me and leaned down to kiss my head gently, "I'm sorry Sweetheart, I didn't mean to scare you with my arrival home. I was hoping to get a more pleased reaction." Hana started clapping her hands and giggling as she reached towards Toshinori. "Like my little Sunflower!" He grinned and walked over, lifting her from her jumper and cradling her in his massive arm. She was so small, seeing as she was born only five months ago and my husband was a hulking, giant of a man.

I shook my head and watched him as he cradled his one and possibly only child. "She was watching you on T.V. you know? She loves to watch you fight villains and do your Pro-Hero duties. She gets all sorts of giggly. I might hang myself by my cannula though if she starts doing your stupid laugh though."

Toshinori pouted as he went over to me, being mindful and careful with Hana in his arm. He picked me up in his other arm and held me close. "Now don't go saying this like that Sweetheart, it's Christmas Eve, and it's Hana's first Christmas Eve."