Valentine's Day Desires

Another eventful day of teaching. Fruitful! Slightly tiring though as my time as 'All Might' was growing shorter and shorter by the day. I needed to save on that time though, especially today as I was planning on a romantic Valentine's Day surprise for my ever-playful wife, Ayano. Thoughts of frustrated pout, enamoring green eyes, and her short messy blonde hair poking out from under her beanie started to drift through my head as I sat in front of my desk. I unconsciously started to fidget with my left-hand ring finger. My wedding band was off though, as I was working and with years of keeping our marriage and personal life a secret, I had grown accustomed to hiding and stashing it away.

I missed the feeling of it though. Personally, I hated have to keep the band off and hide her from the world I was a part of. I couldn't share her with the world though...not at a time like this when I was visibly weaker and villains were starting to rise once more. The ring however I could change as I never kept it far from me. Besides...classes were out of session for the day, I could easily slip it on now while grading papers and no one would notice.

Thinking this, I carefully slide one of the drawers in desk open, revealing the silver band inside. I instinctively reached out to it, fondly grasping the smooth metal. I ran my fingers over the cold wedding ring, that was until the door to the Teacher's Lounge opened. A jolt shot through me as I hurriedly slammed the drawer shut after taking my hand out, focusing my gaze on the doorway. There, standing in the doorway was the familiar stature and messy hair of the successor to my power, bright eyes full of eagerness and adoration. Midoriya...while I pride myself in your training...now is not the best time.

No, play the part, he can't know either. "Young Midoriya!" I addressed him with zeal, as per my usual.

The boy grinned at me as he made his way over, timidly rubbing the back of his head. He really reminded me of myself when I was younger, full of youth, energy, and a driving spark to help those in need. His green eyes reflected that drive before he spoke somewhat nervously and properly. "S-Sorry All Might, I didn't mean to interrupt you if you're busy with work. I just wanted to talk to you about the upcoming finals we have."

"I can't tell you much about the exam, but what is concerning you, my boy?" I retained the showman like nature of All Might as I stood up, meeting Midoriya halfway into the lounge. As I made my way over, I noticed two messy, liquid sun colored pigtails through the glass of the teacher's lounge door. Hana...Damnit, she should have already gone home by now. I don't think I can handle her waltzing in and starting a fight with Midoriya, me being the epicenter of it all as Midoriya wonders why she hates him so much.

There was a bit of tenses coursing through my body at the sight of her, but Midoriya didn't seem to notice my tension as he started rambling about how to use a higher percentage of One for All without injuring his body. Truth be told...I didn't actually know how. I took on One for All in full, without much difficulty either. However, I had more time to prepare for the power and my build...at least back then, was prepared for it as well.

No...I felt terrible that I couldn't much guide the boy, he had such an honest drive and I chose him to inherit my power for a reason. Here I was though, listening to him, unable to assist in any helpful or proper way, that was until my chimed. The image of my bride appeared on the screen. A simple candid photo I had taken when she was working on paperwork in our living room. The All Might beanie I had gotten her eyes ago atop her head to hide her short dirty blonde hair. Her emerald green eyes ever-focused on her task with her cute little tongue barely poking out of her soft, supple lips. My Ayano, my wonderful, Quirkless, hero wife. I could feel the smile twinging at the corners of my mouth before Midoriya spoke up and snapped me out of my fixation. "All Might?"