thirty four

+

+

Most didn't think of me as a morning person. Which was completely ridiculous. The only way you got shit done was waking up early. Ever heard of the saying the late bird gets the worm? No? Yeah, because the saying doesn't fucking exist, dipshit.

"Ryuu? Do you have any clothes that don't smell like shit?" I scrunched up my nose and rustled through his bag, trying to find a clean t-shirt. His entire bag smelt terrible, and I was regretting even asking him if I could barrow something.

Ryuu wrapped himself up in the familiar grey, fuzzy blanket he always brought on his trips out of the village. His eyes were drooping every few seconds in a cycle of nodding off. My stupid teammate yawned, nuzzling his face into the soft blanket wrapped around the lower half of his face. "Dunno... all I've got is whatever's in there..."

I rolled my eyes.

He was absolutely helpless.

"I'm telling Masumi-san about your clothes."

Ryuu sat straight up with wide eyes, still entangled in the blanket burrito. "No! No! Don't!"

I grit my teeth and grabbed the side of the bag, digging my fingernails into the fabric. "Then help me find something to wear in this-this-this fucking pit!"

"Please, dear kami stop shouting." Katsu walked in the room, a storm cloud thundering over his head. He softly closed the door with his foot, handle clicking gently.

Well, there wasn't an actual storm cloud, but you get the picture.

I glared at him from the floor, hands still wound around Ryuu's smelly bag. "I'm a little busy looking through this bag of hazardous material to give a flying shit about shouting!"

"Please don't swear so early in the morning!" Whined Ryuu. He flopped on his back with an 'oof', mattress creaking and bouncing.

I grumbled under my breath and went back to shuffling through the bag, hoping I'd find something halfway decent to wear.

Katsu blew on the steaming cup of what was probably earl grey tea, and sat down on the end of Ryuu's bed. His feet rested on the floor near me, but I wasn't paying him any mind. As long as he didn't start swinging those damn giraffe legs of his we weren't gonna have a problem.

"I would let you have one of my shirts." Katsu eyed me from over his cup, steam obscuring his face. "But you're a total drama queen—"

"I refuse to wear red two days in a row." I curled my lip in disgust. "I can't wear the same color two days in a row. I'd rather get my hand cut off."

"You wear yellow all the time." Ryuu mumbled into his blanket.

"Yellow is on a whole 'nother level," I rolled my eyes. "Seriously. Don't you know that?"