Come live with us in the Palace!

In view is a book titled 'Steven Universe'. A pair of glowing white hands grab it and begin reading, showing the viewers the contents.

"Once upon a time, the gem Homeworld was ruled by Diamonds. White, Yellow, Blue, and the littlest Diamond, Pink. While the other Diamonds conquered many worlds across the galaxy, Pink had only one - the planet Earth. One day, Pink fled the comforts of Homeworld."

The page turns, revealing an image of earth.

"On Earth, she made a new home and a new life, giving up her form to bequeath her gem to her half-human son. Without Pink, Gem-kind entered an era of despair. But when Steven Universe learned of his heritage, he reunited with his fellow Diamonds and championed a new era of peace and freedom across the furthest reaches of space."

She continued.

"She was supported by old friends, such as Spinel, and new friends, such as Ru.. Sap.. Garnet and Amethyst. As leader of the Diamonds, I wish to thank all of them for being there for her, and supporting her."

The hands reveal their owner: White Diamond, leader of the Diamonds and mother of Gem-kind.

"And now, dear gems everywhere, I'm pleased to announce that Steven is finally ready to take his rightful place on Pink Diamond's throne!"

A teenager, a gem and a human hybrid, reveals himself to the audience. His voice a little young for his age, but he shows a wide grin.

"How's it goin, everybody?"

The diamonds smile approvingly, urging him to continue.

"I know you all might think of me as the 'new Pink Diamond', but you don't have to put me on a throne. I already have a rightful place, and it's on Earth!"

All the Diamonds sit forward, confused, upset, and worried. We can see scenes depicting gems watching the feed, including a figure standing next to a console. We can see a foot lifting, moving toward the projection.

"It's a beach house, where I live with my friends, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. As much as I've loved dismantling the empire and saving all your planets, I can't wait to get home and spend some quality time with my friends."

White Diamond shakes her head and quickly declares:

"Cut the feed!"

From a control panel, a Yellow and a Blue Pearl are managing the broadcast, Blue Pearl provides a snicker to a remark Yellow Pearl made. Steven turns toward the Diamonds and addresses them.

"I think went well!"

The Diamonds all spoke at once.

"Steven, please!"
"You can't go."
"You must stay!"

"You're all we have left of Pink, you belong here, with us."

Steven looks confused as he states:

"Uh, thanks, but...no thanks."

The three Diamonds begin singing.

Come live with us in the palace

There's a room waiting for you

Come on, come on, come on

Just let us adore you

Steven looks taken aback, believing they are still confusing him for his mother.

"You guys have really gotten better at showing affection, but I've got my life to get back to. Don't forget, I'm not Pink Diamond!"

The Diamonds grow closer toward Steven, White slamming her hand down near the Warp pad. Steven just chuckles as the Diamonds continue singing.

Yes, we know that you're not her, but you were hers

You know what it meant to love her, and you remind us so much of her!

Steven cuts the Diamonds off before they can continue singing:

"Thanks, but I really gotta go."

The Diamonds look at each other and begin at once.

"But Steven!"

Yellow Diamond, as determined as she is, goes first in her pleading.

"I've disbanded my armies! I've liberated my colonies!"

Blue Diamond steps forward, being the more emotional of the three, pleading in her own way.

"I never shatter, I never make anyone cry!"

White Diamond joins in, bringing her own wishes to light.

"I've been saying 'please' and 'thank you', even to lower life forms!"

Steven looks at her, and questions:

"What did we talk about?"

White Diamond sighs and replies.

"Equal life forms. Steven, we've done everything you've asked!"

Steven smiles, noticing an exit from the conversation.

"That's great! Good job, keep it up. Bye!"

The Warp pad begins to light up as Steven leaves, returning to earth.