Sweet dreams for the king

It was night and everyone was asleep. All dreamed peacefully, except the king. King, yes, that's what Edward called himself after leaving countless dead bodies on thebattlefield. He didn't let anything show on the outside, but it didn't let him sleep peacefully at night. Especially not the death of a certain man, whom he had not even wanted...
... he knew that if he closed his eyes, he would see him again - and that couldn't mean anything good...

Edward found no peace and rushed along a dark path. He ran faster because he heard something behind him. But then he almost ran into a figure who came off the shadows, and suddenly grabbed his arm.
"Let me go!," Edward shouted and looked shocked at the blood-spattered face of the man whose death hurt him bitterly, "you are dead! Leave me alone!"
"No, I will never leave you alone. Even if you chose the wrong side,Edward," said the other with a voice dripping with ice. Edward shivered.
"Warwick! I didn't kill you! You have to believe me! Please don't hurt me! I didn't want your death," Edward justified himself and wanted to tear himself free.
"Well, well... but because of your betrayal of our common goals, I'm lying in a coffin that's far too tight while rotting away," Warwick said defiantly, loosening the grip a bit.
"You lie with your ancestors and I have done everything necessary to bury you there properly, although you have become an enemy of the state in the end,because you had to build an alliance with the cursed French. You could also be a little grateful," Edward outraged himself and crossed his arms.
"Grateful! With my relatives... but I didn't want to lie there at all! What do you think your father tells me every single day... what an incompetent ruler you are and that you got involved with this slut without his consent, he didn't like that either", Warwick muttered and shook his head disappointed.
"He really said that? Warwick? Are you really speaking the truth?,"Edward asked and looked very closely at the other's face. Warwick looked back without slight change of his facial expression.
"Of course he said that. Since he and I are dead, we are casually in contact," Warwick said, and a kind of a decent smile played on his face.
"What kind of relationship do you have with my father?," Edward asked, quite jealous.
"I don't know...that's not much of your business. At least a better one than I have had with you for a very long time", Warwick replied disappointedly, "you simply accepted my death... and now you're going to have a happy family..."
"No, I didn't! I didn't want that! I am desperately looking for your murderer," Edward said helplessly.
"Ah, I see... apparently you didn't try very hard, otherwise you would have found him already, you are incapable," Warwick muttered.
"You know who it is?,"Edward asked in surprise.
"Me??? How should I know, I'm dead," Warwick complained.
"Oh. Well, I thought people from the afterlife might be so omniscient or else...," mumbled Edward and ran his fingers through his hair.
"To consider you incapable and unsuitable as a ruler, I don't have to be omniscient. But if you want to make things better, find my killer," Warwick said offended. Edward bit his lip.
"I'm already trying my best," he murmured embarrassedly.
"What do you do with him when you've found him?," Warwick asked curiously, however, and nudged Edward, who flinched, slightly.
"Uh, so how about having him beheaded?," he asked uncertainly. He hadn't thought about it that much.
"Hmm...hmm I see you should give it some thought, after all I bled to death miserably," Warwick replied shrugging his shoulders.
"All right, I'll leave him hanging," mumbled Edward.
"That's maybe a thought into the right direction," Warwick replied, halfway satisfied, "you won't do it anyway...", he added though.
"Yes... yes, of course, I will," Edward assured.
"Oh... now all of asudden, when I'm dead, you care about me...oh look, isn't it always like that?" said Warwick and stroked Edward's cheek slightly,"you only realize how important someone is to you when he's gone, isn't it?"
"Stop it", Edward said and looked away. His cheeks inevitably turned red.
"Just admit it,"Warwick murmured amusedly.
"No, I...," Edward replied with big eyes, but the rare smile of Warwick immediately made him speechless.
"Go away! You're not real, you're just a dream,"he shouted when he caught himself.
"I am the most beautiful dream you will have tonight," Warwick replied coldly.
"I've never had a beautiful dream with you," Edward shouted and blushed.
"Haha, I see..." Warwick replied and tilted his head, "so the dream should be more beautiful?"
"You would never...after all that happened... ", breathed Edward in surprise.
"Of course I would. After all, I am your dream. So... you promised to find my murderer... what do you want inreturn?" Warwick asked smilingly.
"I want you to comeback. I want to wake up and see you beside me. How sweet you look when you sleep, how you open your eyes..." Edward said and suddenly began to sob violently.
"Oh Edward, I thought this was supposed to be a beautiful dream," Warwick muttered and facepalmed himself.
"Forgive me," mumbled Edward and embraced him. Warwick patted his back a bit stressed.
"Do you still need me or not?," Warwick asked impatiently.
"You came here, didn't you? Because you wanted to be in my dream,"Edward said and smiled with tears, "because you wanted to be with me."
"So that's what you're telling yourself now...I'm just a dream after all," Warwick replied grumbling, but turned slightly red.
"That doesn't matter. You're with me,"Edward said and got closer to him.
"Yes, what else can I do when you dream of me?" Warwick muttered. Nevertheless, he was trapped in his gaze. Edward smiled and reached for his hand.
"I won't let you go. And even if we can only be united until dawn,"he breathed and gently grazed Warwick's lips before tenderly kissing him.
Warwick couldn't resist kissing back.
"Any other wishes?" he murmured after the kiss and sighed, "define"united"..."
Edward giggled and whispered something in his ear, whereupon Warwick clearly turned red.
"Tsss. You are married and have a family..." he said blaming.
"You too," Edward replied defiantly and crossed his arms.
"Well, I'm dead, I think this turns things differently," Warwick replied shrugging his shoulders.
"You're my dream, but you're not satisfying at all right now," Edward sighed and began to show him more of his chest. Warwick's gaze slipped deeper for a moment before looking up again without expression.
"It was your idea," Warwick replied and smiled provocatively.
"Why do you torture me? You know what I want," mumbled Edward.
"I could be mean now and leave..." Warwick replied shrugging his shoulders.
"But you are not. And you long for me too,"Edward said now, clearly more self-confident. Warwick touched his hair and turned slightly red.
"You are a bad boy, Edward,"he murmured and walked towards him. He pushed him slightly back before leaning over him. He kissed him demandingly as they got rid oftheir clothes and finally rolled over the forest ground. The branches didn't scratch at all, of course not, it was a dream. They could have spent the whole night there. But they didn't...

...because Edward woke up. Unsatisfied and undefined frustrated. Warwick had tricked him again. As always, actually. It would never come to an end, and this was now the punishment which he had to endure... until the end of his life...