Chapter 1 - In need of a friend!

Crayon, the robot was the only robot at Raj's lab and home. Crayon felt alone in human world. He had few friends in other gadgets but none could play or accompany him.

One day Raj, Crayon's creator, fell ill and told Crayon that he felt very lonely. He wished he had been married as he would get a partner for lifetime. Crayon asked,
"Do you need a friend?
Raj explained,
"Yes, a friend forever."
Crayon informed that he wanted a friend too, for a lifetime with whom he could play, talk, study, travel , etc. Crayon said that when Raj was not around, he had no one to talk to. Raj realised he was lonely too and decided to prepare another Robot for Crayon. Raj thought , "I could not find a partner for myself at my wish, but at least, I can try to end Crayon's loneliness, who needed it more".

He told Crayon,

"I will create a friend for you".

Crayon was excited. He felt charged up listening to this. He was equally curious as to what his new friend would look like.  Now, Raj began working over it day and night. In return, Crayon substituted for Raj to complete his other responsibilities. Everyday, as soon as crayon finished all his work, he came to Raj's lab to check over the progress of his friend. With each day, he wondered and got more curious.

One fine day, when Crayon finished all his work, he came to the lab. There he got astonished to witness his complete friend. This robot looked unique to him. The more he looked at it the more he wondered over its uniqueness. Raj fell asleep over the table while programming this robot. Crayon until now, was not allowed to touch it or even come near it as he might destroy it accidentally. So this was his first chance to meet with his friend. He stood before it and started observing and scrutinizing it.

He gazed into its eyes and found that it's colour was different than those he had. Its eyebrows were thinner but sharper than his own. He then looked at its hairs and noticed that they were quite longer than his own. Then, he noticed that its lips were more light coloured and smaller than him. He felt that this new model was made of Nano technology and was superior to his own self. "It seems Raj had put in more efforts over it", he said to himself.

To confirm, he started checking it again with curiosity.
He touched the hairs and felt the silky smoothness of it. Then he touched its lips and then felt his own with his fingers. He checked the neck and noticed that its chest was a bit bigger. So, he innocently moved his hand to reach down. But before he could reach his target, he was stopped. Raj woke up and saw him.

"Stop, right there! Take your hands off! What are you doing?, Raj asked.
"I am studying it!",
Crayon answered.
"I haven't permitted you yet to touch her. She is not yet completed."
Raj reminded.
Crayon got a bit surprised.
"Why do you address it as "Her" and "She". Don't you humans address all gadgets as “it”?
"Yes, but not HER because she is my creation". Raj, reasoned.
Crayon wondered,
"You humans generally address her to those humans whom you call as your female counterparts! So is she...?".
"Yes, she is a female robot", Raj answered.

Crayon's curiosity ended in a beautiful surprise. "Then, is this my female counterpart?", he asked innocently with great enthusiasm.
Raj thought that Crayon took it a bit way too far. So he cleared his doubt. "She is a female robot who will be your friend. Just a friend! Don't conclude things on your own".

Suddenly, all that jealousy which crayon was feeling, went away . The feeling of delight substituted.
"My friend…..Female friend? Forever?”.
He turned to Raj and embraced him.
"I learned from a movie that when you are happy and grateful, you must embrace.”

“Thank you, Raj!”, said crayon.
Raj felt it stupid, but could understand Crayon's action.

------
"Yaaron Dosti badi hi haseen hai,
Yeh na ho toh kya fir bolo Zindagii hai?
Koi toh ho raazdar
Begaraz tera ho yaar,
Koi toh ho raazdar".
-A Song from the movie Rockford
Meaning: Friends! Friendship is beautiful. There is no meaning to life without it. You need a secret keeper , the one who befriends you unconditionally. There must be a secret sharer.