Rain

It was raining and she was alone waiting by the bus stop. Minutes passed and the bus was nowhere to be seen.

The bus is taking so long! Frustrated she said.

Don’t worry you’re not alone, he replied.

The bus isn’t here yet. I’m alone here.

No you’re not, I’m there beside you; looking at you. I see your smile. I see that scarf wrapped around your neck to keep you warm. Turn around and you will see me.

She smiled and laughed. Did you fly all the way here? She asked.

I’m always here. You just have to look.

They both looked up at the rain.

I only see a lot of raindrops. It feels gloomy. She said.

He opened his umbrella and went outside the shed. You can stand under my umbrella. Come over outside the shed.

No way! I’ll just get wet outside! She amusingly replied.

It’s no fun being dry in there.

It’s no fun getting sick either.

True. How about having fun and sick together?

He closed his umbrella and started to dance in the rain. She started laughing as if the person in front of her has gone crazy but looked so good dancing in the rain.

He reached out his hand to her; Take my hand. Let’s dance together.

She thought it was a crazy idea. Umm, I’ll just wait for the bus, she smiled in reply.

Maybe we’ll get sick, maybe people will think we’re crazy. But we’ll do it together. Trust me it will be fun doing things together than alone.

She hesitated. She closed her eyes. Then before she knew it, the rain was embracing her with its drops of life.

She was cold but she didn’t care. She was smiling, laughing and dancing. She was lost in the symphony of the rain where raindrops created a melody. She felt such bliss, freely moving  body, swaying her arms, and gliding her feet from the puddles that spash from her every step.

Then the bus finally came. The driver and passengers looked at her who was soaking wet. They were very puzzled. She paused for a moment; she looked around as if she was looking for someone. Then she thought of him and took her phone and read the conversations before:

The bus is taking so long!

Don’t worry you’re not alone.. I’m always here. You just have to look.

No way! I’ll just get wet outside!

It’s no fun being dry in there.

It’s no fun getting sick either.

True. How about having fun and sick together?

The rain slowly subsided. Rays of sunlight peeked from behind the clouds and kissed her face.

She texted him.

 Thank you! I never thought dancing together with you like this could be so much fun!