Reunion

Usually when someone starts something they usually feel anxious or excited. Or joy and satisfaction when they accomplish something difficult for most. You'd think I'd feel any of those feelings now as I stand feet away from the sparkling metal gates. Such gates lead to a prestigious school with an impressive building in between a pathway of sakura trees. It's a scene you'd usually see as a background to a visual novel. Leaning on a side of the wall is a guy with blonde hair with a somewhat slouching posture yet emanates friendliness. This is the one who is supposed to show me around.

"Excuse me," I say slowly walking towards him. "You wouldn't happen to be Kyle?" The sound of my voice causes him to look up and smile.

"Yo! Mychal right? Took ya long enough!" He says walking towards me slinging his arm around my neck. "I've been waiting for ages!" He smiles, not unlike a kid in a candy shop. He quickly takes out a key. "Here, it's for our room. I'll show ya where we dorm in a bit." 

"Are we going somewhere first?" 

"Yeah, I gotta get you to the main office first. Registration and all that." We both head into the main building and weave around all the other students. Some of them look at me curiously, but all mind their business. After a minute of walking, we arrive at the main office where I get my student ID and we head over to our dorms. It's nothing special. "It's lunchtime now so how 'bout I bring you to the cafeteria?" I agree and we're off to the lunchroom.

{Changing up the style...It's too difficult to stay in the proper writing format}

POV CHANGE (THIRD)

During the amazing and awe-inspiring adventure of Mychalios and Kylinator, we go to the lunchroom where Katelyn, Ashley, and Kiera are.

Kiera: Oh! There are some good eats on the menu!

Kiera rushes over to the counter leaving Katelyn and Ashley to find a lunch table.

Ash: Hey, wasn't there supposed to be a new kid coming in?

Kate: Yes, there was. Why?

Ash: Well aren't you supposed to meet them? You're the school president.

Kate: Well, apparently not. Kyle was tasked with him.

Ash: Kyle huh? I almost feel that's too much.

Kate: It was something about it being awkward for a girl to do it. 

Ash: Huh...What was his name anyway?

Katelyn: I don't kn-

As if on cue Kyle bursts into the lunchroom with Mychal right behind.

{Changing back for a better feel of this part}

POV CHANGE (FIRST)

I look around with eyes staring at me. It's to be expected from Kyle exaggerated entry. Normal people would probably feel unease at an event such as this. I, however, feel nothing. As I look, I can't help but remember an older much better time. A time where I wasn't alone. A time where I felt safe. A time where...

"Mychal?"

I freeze. My entire thought process completely demolished by a familiar-sounding voice. A voice though, changed from growth still radiates the same warmth and kindness I remember. It has the sound of shock with a hint of happiness. Then slowly, as if time stopped I look over to where I see her. Katelyn. The person who showed me the joy of friendship. The pleasantness of kindness. The warmth of love. And the pain of loss. My throat feels dry as I try to say the name I thought I'd never use.

"Lyn?"