The Child of The Night

The night engulfed all in it's velvety darkness as the moon waned to nothing. In the darkness stood a figure, reaching just around six foot with brown hair and glowing red eyes. The figure crept through the urban streets. The gait was clearly male and something glinted in his mouth. He slid along the shadows, keeping out of the pools of light cast by the street lamps. A small child skipped along the sidewalk, oblivious to the man hidden in the darkness. The child stopped and knelt over to poke at a slug that had wandered into the sidewalk. Suddenly the man was behind the child, lifting him up to put his mouth near his neck. The child tried to scream but was cut of as the man lifted a hand to cover the child's mouth. The man felt the tears already pouring from the child's eyes in fear. The man snarled at the boy. He whimpered and the man opened his mouth to reveal two razor sharp fangs protruding from his gums. He scraped them across the child's neck, watching thin lines of blood bubble up. He drew his breath in anticipation. He opened his mouth wider and prepared to bite. Suddenly his muscles lazed and he fell to the ground, the child running off screaming, "Vampire!" He ran into another figure and fell back on his arse. The figure leaned down to look over him. The figure was female, draped in a long black cloak with dark red embroidery at the hem. The hood was drawn up and shrouded the figures face but her snow white hair tumbled down her chest, ending about waist level. A light blue glow covered the child then he looked up confused. He slowly stood and walked towards his home in a zombie-like trance. The female figure straightened and walked to the crumpled male. She crouched down and grabbed his short brown hair, lifting his head to look in his eyes. His where shut in pain. She spoke in a harsh voice with an undertone of love.
"Little vampire, how many times have I told you?" The male grimaced then smiled. She released him and he slowly rose to his feet, dusting himself off. The girl hid her arms under her cloak, leaning on one hip. The vampire smiled at her.
"Yeah yeah yeah, I know. No drinking from humans, especially not children." The female chuckled. She reached out and tousled his hair like a child. He, in turn, wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her flush to him. She let out a squeak of excitement then giggled. He smirked and lowered his head to kiss her lightly. She raised her arm to pull him closer then trailed them down his chest. He slowly pulled away, still smiling. She dropped her arms and laced her fingers with his, pulling him to where she was staying. He followed without a word and they walked silently until the darkness swallowed them again, taking all memories of that night with it.