Chapter 1: The Trip

"Good job, everyone! Thanks to everyone's efforts in the country-wide bake sale fundraiser, we managed to donate the most money to charity compared to the rest of the schools in France!"

All the students cheered with glee as the principal continued with his announcement in front of the crowd.

"And to the organization who created this fundraiser, we thank you for giving us this opportunity to give back to our community and to the world."

Marinette smiled as her principal continued to congratulate the school for their efforts in the fundraiser. Next to her was her best friend, Alya, who was currently filming the speech for her blog post.

"So, who do you think the committee picked to go on the exclusive trip, Alya?" Marinette asked as Alya gave her a sideways glance.

"Not sure. Hope its us though. I heard they chose randomly, so it really could be anyone," Alya replied as Marinette nodded.

"The committee was finally able to chose who the lucky three students are and to where their trip will be heading to. Would the students please stand up when called? The three students are..."

Marinette crossed her fingers by her sides and she hoped to not only be picked, but that her crush, Adrien, was too. She would love for that third person to be Alya, just so she could have a friend there to support her. Yes, she would faint a lot whenever she would try to talk to Adrien, so she needed all the help she could get.

A few rows over, Adrien also had his fingers crossed. He had wanted to go on a trip for so long, no matter where that would be. His father would hardly ever let him do his own things, and now was a chance to be free for once.

"Marinette..." The principal started as Marinette nearly bursted out of her seat in excitement. She faked cough to shake away the embarrassment as the principal continued.

"Adrien..." Adrien stood up from his seat, doing a small fist bump in excitement to his best friend, Nino, who was sitting beside him. Marinette nearly squealed as she couldn't believe that her wish came true. Nothing could go wrong-

"And finally...Luka." Marinette's heart nearly stopped as she managed to see Luka standing up. This was already turning into a disaster.

**************************************************************************************************************

"I don't see what the problem is. You're going to be hanging out with Adrien. Isn't that what you wanted?" Alya asked during lunch as Marinette had her hands on her face.

"You know what's been going on with me and Luka. I can't just spend an entire month with him, especially since I'll already be dealing with-"

"Hey, Marinette."

"Ah!" Marinette yelped as Adrien greeted her. "Oh, h-hey, Adrien!" She quickly said with a smile as she turned to meet his eyes.

"You excited for the trip? I heard we're leaving tomorrow early," Adrian said as Marinette nodded.

"Tomorrow, huh? Wow, so fast!" She chuckled nervously as Adrien smiled.

"Hey, if you and Luka want, I can pick you guys up and we can all head to the airport together. Do you want to?" Adrien asked as Marinette nearly fainted.

'Me? In a car with Adrien? Going to Japan? Yes!' Marinette thought as she forgot that she still needed to answer Adrien's question.

"Uh, Marinette?" Adrien said as she snapped back into reality.

"Huh? Oh yeah! Yes! Definitely! S-Sorry," She started before calming herself down. "It sounds great, Adrien."

"Cool. I'll let Luka know about it then. See you later," Adrien said with a small wave before walking away. Marinette squealed as Ayla shook her head.