First Encounter

"I am so done with this. I hate it..."

The moon shined bright on this Saturday night. The streets were completely empty, with the exception of a pale young woman. She was wearing a slimming black dress with cat-shaped earrings. Her arms were decorated with fancy golden bracelets and she wore a small diamond heart necklace around her neck.

Tears streamed down from her face as she walked down the dimly lit streets by herself.

"I hate this, I hate this, I hate this," she angrily repeated as she pulled at her long black hair.

She continued to walk down the sidewalk, wiping the tears away from her face every so often. She had no idea where she wanted to go nor where she was going. She just wanted to get away from it all. She wanted it all to end. She was tired of who she was. She was tired of being one of them.

She was a vampire, one of the most feared creatures in history. Known for being violent blood suckers that relied on human blood for their survival, they are hated by just about the entirety of the human population ever since they revealed themselves to the public. Some humans saw vampires as equal to them and that they don't deserve the treatment that they get. They were usually considered "weirdos" to other people. Just as there were humans that didn't mind vampires, there were vampires that didn't mind humans.

Momo was a relatively young vampire, having only been turned a little over fifty years ago by her maker, Akari Hachimura, who was captured by a group of vampire hunters just days after Momo was turned. Her whereabouts have been unknown to Momo and all the other vampires in the vicinity, but Momo knew deep in her cold heart what had happened to her.

As Momo approached the end of the sidewalk, she noticed something from the corner of her eye. She stopped walking and turned her head to see what she thought she saw: a human, unconscious and laying on its back. He was badly hurt and she knew it. She rushed over to the human and knelt down beside him. The human had messy white and crimson hair and a large burn scar on the left side of his face. He was covered in cuts and bruises, obviously having just gone through some sort of beat down. Despite him being unconscious, Momo was able to tell that he was around her mortal age. Normally, a vampire would feed from an unconscious mortal in this situation, but Momo wasn't like other vampires. She never wanted to be a vampire and she longed to be a human again. She wanted to help the human and hope that he was friendly.

Momo placed her hand on the man's chest, feeling that his heart was still breathing. She let out a sigh of relief as she bit her thumb, her fangs easily piercing through her pale skin. Blood began to trickle out of the bite she gave herself and she began to rub her blood-covered thumb over the man's lips. The blood fell into his mouth and slowly but surely, the wounds began to heal themselves and Momo let out a small smile, happy that she was able to help.

The man before her slowly began move a bit. His eyes parted and his mouthed opened just a little bit. Momo sat on her knees as the man sat up. He ran his hand through his soft dual-colored hair and grunted. A scowl overtook his calm face, but that quickly changed when he saw what was beside him. He admired the features of the beautiful woman next to him, infatuated by her until...

"AGHHH!" he yelled out as he backed up against the brick wall behind him. "D-Don't hurt me... Please..." he begged.

His words alone made Momo's heart begin to ache. She hated how people were scared of her just because of what he was. She only wished that people wouldn't be so quick to judge, but the reputation of her fellow vampires would never allow that to happen.

Momo frowned as she stepped up to the man. "I'm not going to hurt you," she told him. "I just want to help."

"Help? You're a fucking vampire! Why would I ever accept help from a heartless monster like you?"