INTRO

OLIVER WOODS BECAME DESPERATE WHEN it came to Quidditch, and the fact that the Gryffindors were not winning made him intensely frustrated. That led to interesting twist of events.

Oliver, being the captain of the of the Gryffindor team, thought it right if they twisted the game a little. 

In his defense, it was hardly called cheating. 

"Harry," he said before the game started, "you know we've started out rough." Oliver told him, gripping his shoulder. 

Harry looked at his captain with uncertain eyes. "Yes, I've realized that." He told him to which Oliver responded with a nod of his head. 

"Now we've got a game with the Ravenclaws...." he trailed off, "do not be fooled by their amazing looks." Oliver said trailing off as he looked at one of the players. 

"Point being, flirt with the Ravenclaw Seeker, distract her or him." 

"You don't even know what gender they are!" Harry yelled out in fear, "besides isn't that cheating?" He questioned him, the fear in his voice evident.

"I'm sure she's a she, or maybe not-," Oliver got cut off when Madam Hooch blew her whistle, signaling the players to mount their brooms. 

"Flirt! With the! Seeker!" He yelled out to Harry mounting his broom, and winked at him before flying off. 

Harry stood there in a daze when Fred and George, both came up to him on their brooms, yelling at him to start looking for the snitch.

***

"So..." Harry stuttered out awkwardly after he was sure the girl next to him was the Seeker. 

"What's...um, what's good...?" Harry mentally cursed at himself for asking that. 

"Huh?" The girl sporting her house colors asked. 

"I-uhh..." Harry was once again at loss for words, "so what's your name?" 

"Jessica Rivera," she said. "I would ask who you were but it's pretty obvious." Jessica glanced at his scar. 

Harry subconsciously raised his hand to cover his scar seeing as he hated people looking at it.

"Oh..." He thought of more things to say. "So...you look very-um...ravishing this evening." 

"I'm drenched in sweat and I'm wearing sports gear." Jessica laughed. 

Then the two of them spotted it. 

The snitch.

"Mine!" Harry yelled racing for it.

"This isn't Volleyball! You can't just yell for it to be yours!" She matched his pace, trying to go faster. 

He let a humorless laugh as he made himself go faster on the broom.

"A-aa-nnnn-d JESSICA RIVERA, RAVENCLAW SEEKER, AND OUR VERY OWN HARRY POTTER, GRYFFINDOR SEEKER FI-IIIII-ND THE SNITCH!" Jordan Lee yells out to the cheering crowds.

Jessica and Harry inch closer and closer until Jessica is in front of Harry.

"Uh-er...you-" Harry starts. "You have beautiful eyes."

"What?" She said suddenly stopping, watching Harry zoom past her and grab the snitch.

"AND HARRY POTTER GRABS THE SNITCH!" Lee bursts in excitement. "Good game nerds, better luck next time." He snorted in victory, Professor McGonagall rushing to take him away from the mic.

"I was distracted!" Jessica told her teammates, "there was an unexpected turn of events during the match." She stole a glance at Harry, who was being crowded by his own teammates, who were cheering him on. 

Cho Chang ran toward her with a stern look on her face, "Jessica! I let you take my place for a match and we lose?"

"Oh shove off, Chang, we would've still lost if you had played." The girl rolled her eyes walking away to change out of her Quidditch uniform. "Besides, you're suspended from the team because you think you can skip practice. So, don't think you gave me your spot, I earned it, even if it is for a little bit."

Cho scoffs and walks away with her friends. 

Once Jessica was done with changing out of her gear, she met up with a girl known as "Loony Luna", but she wasn't insane. Everyone thought she was weird, but no one is really weird, they're just normal in their own way. 

"I cheered you on." Luna told her calmly. She has such a satisfying voice and can always soothe you with it. "It's too bad that Harry got the snitch before you." She frowned and then gave Jessica a book. 

"I picked you up another book when I was in the library," Luna informed her. 

Jessica took the book and stuffed it into her bag with care, "thanks, Luna!" She smiled brightly at her friend. "Are you heading to the common room?" 

"No, I think I'll just put up posters for my missing pair of shoes." She smiled one last time at Jessica before she turned a corridor and plastered papers about her shoes that she lost. 

Jessica Rivera is an only child, with parents that have nothing to do with the magical world. She, somehow, got accepted into Hogwarts and has passed each grade with flying colors, except of course for her third year, which she grumbles about all the time.

 I suppose you would ask why am I introducing such a, somewhat, happy character. That half of my characters have sad backstories, though this one doesn't have one, it doesn't mean that the future will be any kind to her. No one really knows what lies ahead, not Seers or fortune tellers. They just make up gibberish so you'll be happy with it.  

In this story, there might be no such thing as happy endings. 

Author's weird note

i've had this book in my drafts for the longest of times, and i just decided to publish it out of nowhere today. updates will be slow, there will be random updates, (sometimes more than one in a week)
i also feel like going on a publishing spree-

welcome to my harry potter fanfic!