Lucid Dreaming

A teenage girl, who was about the age of 15, had just moved into a beautiful big house with double staircases leading up stairs from the entrance, and a hallway down stairs that lead into an exquisite dining room, living room, and beautiful tiled kitchen. She loved her new house but she was always very lonely since her parents worked from the early hours of the day to the late hours of the night, and she had no friends there. Eventually she grew to like being alone. She used her time writing, reading, and playing video games. But every night she had the same strange dream, she could hear a little girl crying and curiously followed the sound down into the basement. Once she went into the basement, she found the poor little girl curled up in the corner sobbing. Every time she would walk over to try to comfort the little girl but before she could touch the little girl, she woke up. This dream never made any sense, since everything about the house was exactly the way same as it was in real life, except for the basement. They didn't have a basement.

One day she was bored out of her mind, she had finished all of her books, she had already unpacked everything, and she didn't want to read, draw, or play video games. So she decided to explore the house and find all the secret nooks and crannies. As she was exploring around the kitchen, she noticed something. There seemed to be something covered up with old paint and wallpaper, she cutaway the wallpaper to find a door. Curious, she tried to open the door, but it was locked. So she just did her best to hide the cut wallpaper and resume her day as normal. When her parents got home she finally decided to ask if there were any keys that didn't seem to go to any of the locks in the house. Apparently her mother had found an old key ring on the windowsill of her office. Most of the keys just went to closet doors, but there are two which didn't seem to go to any locks. The girl asked for the key ring. She wanted to find out what those two keys went to.

The next day when her mother and father were off to work once again, she took the two keys and tried one of them in the lock of that strange door in the kitchen, it didn't work. But then when she tried the other key it fit perfectly and slid into the lock, she turned it with a satisfying click as the door unbolted. She cautiously open the door and saw that it was the basement from her dream. Her curiosity was stronger than her fear. She went down into the basement. It was just like any other basement, Stone floor, cold walls. It Might be useful for later storage but it was very dull. So, very disappointed, she once again went about her day but covered up the door thinking it might be fun to have a little secret space. That night she had the dream of a little girl crying once again, she followed it down to the basement as usual, but this time she had the key for the basement door. It was locked again, which was strange because she didn't remembered locking it. She slipped inside the basement and the crying got louder. She saw the girl as usual but she saw a strange shadow behind it. The shadow was tall and slender almost human-like but there was something strange about its limbs. Spooked she ran back upstairs and with a jolt she woke up drenched in her own sweat, panting. "It was only a dream" she told herself. Her breath slowed but she was still alert eyes wide with fear. she didn't know why this had to scared her so much. But she felt as if she had to make sure that the dream wasn't real. So cautiously and foolishly she went down to the basement. Her footsteps thumping down the stairs. She carefully creeped into the basement carefully latching the door behind her. She turned on a flashlight she had picked up from her nightstand. In the corner she saw a shadow similar to the one she saw in her dream. Stifling a scream, she calmly turned around and tried to open the door. But it had locked. That thing stepped out of the shadows. It's pointed head turned around to see her, a smile permanently painted on the mask-like face. Slowly the rest of its body turned around, it's pointed metal limbs clicking on the stone floor. Paralyzed the girl cried for help, but nobody came. It slowly crept forward, it's metal body glinting in the light from the flashlight. "little girl little girl, why didn't you save me?" it spoke with the voice of the child who was crying in her dream. "I was so lonely. I was so scared. Why didn't you save me?"