Chapter 1

I like you.

I have liked you for a long time.

But to you, I'm never more than just a friend.

--

"Y/N!" an arm wrapped around my neck before the all familiar figure plopped himself into the seat by my side in the library.

The librarian in charge shushed Jimin for being loud, and he apologized in whispers to the students who were sitting close to us.

"What?" I whispered without looking at the boy, knowing that if I were to turn my head towards him now, our faces would be only inches away.

And I wouldn't risk myself being caught getting red right in front of his eyes.

"What the hell are you doing?" he whispered in disbelief as he followed my scribbles on the notebook, and I pushed his face away with my palm harshly because he was getting closer.

My heart was beating even faster now, damn it.

"My homework, duh" I answered in monotone, trying to control my voice to act indifferent at his close distance.

I flipped through the pages mindlessly pretending that I was focusing on finding the answer for the question I was working on, when in all honesty I was just hoping he won't hear my increasing heartbeat.

"Ew, disgusting. Let's go," he closed the textbook with a loud thud earning us another few glares from the others who were trying to focus in the quiet library, I just closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose with a small sigh leaving my mouth.

"Where?"

"Ice cream. Girl, you're smart enough. If you get any smarter, you'll make my mom disown me and adopt you," Jimin talked without lowering his voice and I decided that it was better for me to stop studying now and get the hell out of the library before we were going to be banned from entering the studying place at all.

Jimin might even be happy if he got banned, but not me.

I find solace in quiet places.

And the only quiet place in this school was library.

Feeling myself able to breath again when Jimin finally unwrapped his arm from my neck to return the book into the shelves, I packed up my things and dumped them inside my bag before zipping it up.

And before I could even lift it, Jimin returned to the table and swiftly took the bag from the chair, carrying it for me like he always did when we got home together.

Which was one of the reasons why I fell for him in the first place.

He was a boy with manners, despite his pure disinterest in studying.

I smiled softly watching the boy who was walking towards the exit door in rush and just shook my head in disbelief at how excited he looked just to eat ice cream.

"You're treating me. I'm broke," I talked as soon as I caught up with him after exiting the library, and he turned towards me with a wide grin before wrapping his arm around my shoulder again, pulling me to walk faster to the school gate.

"Of course, I'll never let my best friend starve just because she spends all her money to buy those merchandises of her idol group," he agreed easily, and I felt a pang of pain hit my chest at his word but quickly covered it up with a smile back towards the boy.

Best friend, huh.

Well, that hurts.