It started with a kiss

Arthur POV
Arthur was just walking back to his chambers. He didn't want a fight. He just wanted a nap. But here we are. He was reaching for the door when he was tackled to the ground by a hooded figure. As they writhed on the ground, the figure pulled out a knife and stabbed him, just below his right collar bone. He howled and punched the man in the jaw before shoving him away. He clutched the wound and struggled to his feet, yelling, and I quote "Why, I just wanted a nap!!!!"(don't worry Arthur we've all been there) The figure just smirked and said, "Merthur" before disappearing in a flash of light leaving the knife on the floor. Arthur grabbed it before stumbling down the hall to Gaius' chambers, practically falling against the door to open it. Sitting at the table eating dinner was Gaius and his scrawny, big eared, bull headed, and dare I say it crush, Merlin. Merlin gasped when he saw the blood and rushed to Arthur, helping him remove his jacket and shirt so Gaius could see the wound. It was deep and there was yellow, sticky puss coming out of it. Gauis has Merlin fetch him some water and that was the last thing he remembered before his eyes rolled back and he slumped backward onto the bench. (Dun dun daaaaaa)

Merlin's POV

He struggled to hurry with the water without spilling it, his mind racing and heart pounding. When he got to Gaius' chambers, Arthur was out cold, laid out on the table with his arm hanging off of it and Gaius was preparing strips of cloth for Arthur's wound. He set down the water next to Gaius and began wetting them to clean the wound. He was about to have a heart attack and he couldn't think straight so he shook his head and stayed focused, cleaning the wound and taking out all of Gaius' books about poison and magical poison. When Gaius finally spoke he snapped his head up and stared at Gaius like he was his last hope to live. In a sense, he was. " Don't bother Merlin, I already know what the poison is. The blade has been dipped in the juice of a poisoned apple, only true loves kiss can save him." "Okay" Merlin said, " I'll go get Gwen". He rushed out crashing through the castle towards Morgana's chamber, where Gwen always was this time of day. Despite his feelings(which are obvious to everyone but Arthur) he knew Arthur would always love Gwen and that would never change. Bursting in the door, he saw Gwen and Morgana sitting one her bed talking and laughing. "Gwen, Arthur's been poisoned and only true loves kiss can save him" he burst out ignoring Morgana's shocked expression. "Then why don't you go kiss him, then" She said, making him blush furiously. "He doesn't feel the same, you know that Gwen" he said in barely a whisper. " Oh really, are you sure about that Merlin" Morgana said slyly, making him blush even harder, matching the color of his neckerchief almost perfectly. " Morgana, dear, don't tease him, let's just show him" she said and gave Morgana a look that only she would know. And with that they both swept out of the room and marched down the hall, leaving concerned and hyperventilating Merlin to stumble along in their wake.  The entire way there Merlin's brain was running a million miles an hour, wondering what Morgana meant. When they reached the door, they paused and turned to Merlin with smirks on their faces and cunning looks in their eyes, making Merlin very uneasy. Gwen then said cheekily, "If this doesn't work, you have to kiss him." Merlin sighed in defeat and agreed. Both girls giggled cheekily before going inside and standing next to Arthur. Gwen leaned down, pausing momentarily before  planting  a kiss on his lips. When nothing happened they both turned to Merlin and raised one eyebrow. Sighing in obvious defeat and frustration, he leaned down and kissed Arthur. Arthur gasped, arching his back and opening his eyes. Merlin stumbled backwards, crashing into the table and knocking a few things over, a look of wait that just happened evident on his face. Meanwhile, Gwen was bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet, her hands covering her mouth with her hands and Morgana was giggling. Arthur was gasping for air, seeming to be hyperventilating until he said, " leave us" and swung his legs around so his legs were dangling in the air. Morgana, Gwen and Gaius quickly left, quietly muttering their relief to see him okay. When they left Arthur sighed in relief and pushed himself off the table. He limped over to Merlin and stood in front of him and stared into his eyes. In one swift movement, Arthur and Merlin lunged forward, smashing their mouths against the others, letting their tongues dance together and explore the caverns of their mouths. He wrapped his arms around Merlin's waist and nearly gasped when Merlin let his fingers intertwine in his hair. They finally parted, only because the human need for air. Gasping, Arthur let his head hang on Merlin's shoulder as he regained his breath. When he lifted his head he saw tears falling from Merlin's eyes. "What's wrong" Arthur said, worried. "It's nothing, Arthur, just I imagined this day in so many ways, just not like this". " Oh really" Arthur said slyly, raising an eyebrow at him. "Not, like that, you bloody arse." He said, swatting his arm pushing him back onto the table. He strutted forward, almost sexually and let his fingers fiddle with the ties of Arthur's shirt. He kissed Arthur's jaw and traveled downward until they were at the base of his neck. Arthur was doing his best not to moan but he knew that he would not last long. When Merlin brought his lips back to Arthur's jaw and worked his way up kissing the spot behind Arthur's right ear, sucking the lobe and earning a moan from Arthur. As soon as he did, Merlin stopped and scurried out of the room before Arthur could protest with nothing but a giggle and a sly look. Arthur groaned and yelled "MERLIIIIIN"