Prologue

• Dedicated to Marlon Loaisiga

  Daniel. The name echoed softly in my mind and there was a burning in my chest, my heart was on fire. Nothing made any sense anymore, none of this felt real, but here I am and there he was. His dark messy locks that fell in his face, his striking blue eyes that peeped out from underneath his hair, his skin that was bright and luminescent as the moon’s glowing light. He was standing right in front of me. I longed for the hours I could touch him. Until we can find the key to break the curse we can never fully be together. If we can’t break the curse within the next year, no longer will we be able to touch in the dark hours, no longer will be able to touch at all, no longer will I be able to see him, he will remain forever a ghost, and I will remain forever without him. And an eternity without Daniel is my perpetual nightmare. Being separated by the only one that you will ever love because of one boy’s revenge is no way to have a relationship. With that said, every day I live is a suicide mission, to go one minute without Daniel, it would be the end of my life. Without Daniel I would break into a million shards of the most delicate glass. I guess that’s life though, and unfortunately mine sucks without Daniel.