What Are The OWRA's?

The OWRA's are the
Original
Wattpad
Reader's
Awards

This is our second year running these annual awards, and we can't wait to get back at it again!

WE'VE MADE A FEW CHANGES SINCE LAST YEAR, SO MAKE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING ON THIS PAGE!

Applications for this year's awards will open May 1st, 2020!

We want to make sure we have equal opportunities for everyone—accounts with little followers: have no fear! Your application will be reviewed with everyone else's. No special treatment, no exclusion.

To apply, click/swipe over to the next chapter, titled 'Apply Now'

If the 'Apply Now' chapter isn't there, then applications for this year are closed (but stay tuned, because the more you vote and participate, the more likely it is that we'll recognize your entries next time!)

You must be following us to be recognized as a semi-finalist! (This is so we can find your account easily and keep track of everyone!)

While this competition is open to residents of all countries, the books submitted must be in English. In a few years, we may be able to recruit some bi-lingual volunteers for our team to accept books in other languages, but we're still pretty new at this.

You must be of or above the age limit to use Wattpad to participate in the OWRA's.

How it works:

Our judges read through the first few chapters of all of the books that are submitted, before selecting a few from each genre to be voted on by you—the Readers!

The number of semi-finalists selected per genre depends on the popularity of that category. (Ex: Last year, we had several Paranormal entries, leading us to select 4 semi-finalists for that genre, while Poetry had very few and led us to select only 3)

The winning books from each genre will become finalists and will be voted on once again by the readers, but there's a twist! At this point in the competition, the votes are all counted together—meaning every finalist (of every genre) is competing against each other.

NOTE: WHEN VOTING IN THE FINALS AND SEMI-FINALS, YOU MAY ONLY VOTE ONCE! If you vote multiple times, you will be given a reminder by our team and asked to remove all but one of your votes. If you don't, all of your votes will be deleted, and you will not be allowed to vote again.

Next, the votes will be counted and the books will be ranked based on the number of votes that book received. Finalists placing in ranks 5-12 will receive the finalist level rewards. When it comes to the top 4, the current ranks will be disregarded and the judges will decide the final ranking. This is to make sure authors with smaller fanbases still have a chance to win!

Unlike last year, we will NOT be having 'Judge's Choice' Awards.

REWARDS:

Finalists will receive: an OWRA finalist badge for the cover of their book and a place on the 2020 Finalists reading list on our profile!

2nd, 3rd, and 4th place runner-ups will receive: an OWRA runner-up badge for the cover of their book and a place on the 2020 Runner-Ups reading list on our profile!

1st place will receive: an OWRA winner badge for the cover of their book, a follow, a place on the Winners reading list on our profile, and a book promotion in next year's awards!

IMPORTANT:
All rights, ideas, characters, books, etc. that rightfully belong to you WILL REMAIN YOURS. Absolutely nothing submitted or selected to the Original Wattpad Reader's Awards will transfer or share ownership rights of any kind with us, no matter what. These awards are mainly for fun, and we'd never want to take anything away from any of you.

*Disclaimer: Though our username has the title 'Original Wattpad' in it, we are in NO WAY connected to the Wattpad brand. It's just a name for our awards, not a branched account.

REMEMBER TO FOLLOW US @OWRAwards

Have fun!