Chapter 1

Superheroes, superheroes, superheroes. Everybody wants to be a superhero, saving the day, getting the girl. The whole sha-bang. But, I, I had always wanted to be a villain. That had followed me into college. I was trying to become a comic artist, creating a comic where the villain won. Except, college is hard, I had been falling behind in class because of being sick. That's another thing about me, I DESPISE heroes, because of my ongoing sickness people said I could NEVER be one. Who says that to a kid? That's like what happens in a supervillain's backstory. Because of me missing classes I have no choice but to take extra credit, with Mr. Lang no less. His class is the WORST. Luckily, he offered me an extra job. There was no way I wasn't taking it.

I quickly ran to Mr. Lang's class, not wanting to be late. Class was interesting for once; he was explaining the main difference between heroes and villains. That had me questioning heroes and villains. What made villains the villains? The heroes of our city were self-proclaimed, saying they were taking down the "villains" of our city. But what did the "villains" do to become villains? The comic I have been working on was based off the one of the villains in our city, Dr. Yin. He was amazing! The power of shadows fighting against heroes. He says the only way his power works is because there is a "Yang" in the world, if there wasn't a "Yang" in the world his powers wouldn't work. The Yang is the light to his dark. I've been theorizing who his "Yang" is. Since Yang is considered more feminine, I've lowered it down to a female. But. It could be a very feminine male? I'm quite feminine myself, "pretty boy" being a common nickname.

I was lost in endless thought until I heard a slam right next to me, jolting me upright. I spun around, ready to yell my head off at whoever did that. As I did, I came face to face with Mr. Lang. I felt my face flush red, realizing I was about to yell at my own teacher.

"Day-dreaming in class again Solaris?", Mr. Lang questioned.

"Sorry Mr. Lang...", I muttered looking down, not want to look him in the eye.

"Please call me Keir," he said not missing a beat, "I'm not much older than you." He sighed, like suddenly realizing he had to deal with me, "If you're ready, it's time to go."

"Go?", I questioned, slightly tilting my head in confusion, "Go where?"

"You're like a little puppy!", he laughed. I gave him a glare. Such a prick. "C'mon," he giggled, a thing I though a man like him would never do, "Puppy." He broke into a fit of giggles, laughing at my flustered face.

"Prick.", I scowled. I wanted to get this over with. He always seemed so cocky and sure of himself but now he's acting like a complete and utter idiot. He started walking out of the class, gesturing for me to follow. I quickly hopped up, grabbing my stuff as I went. When I left the class, he was gone, he couldn't have gone that far. I heard a chuckle and spun around, there was Keir. In a hole... WHAT THE HECK! "Why are you in a hole???" I questioned, concern in my voice. He just smirked and jumped down further. This had taken a weird turn. I just expected for him to make me do things like, I don't know, studying? He wanted me to follow him, of course he did. I sighed and looked down the hole, I couldn't even see the bottom! I took in a breath, and with a "Swoosh" I jumped down the hole.