Prologue

Prologue

It's almost winter, and the night air is a bit colder than usual. Glenda wrapped her knitted cloak more tightly around her body. She's getting cold, and she still needs to walk several blocks before she arrives home. 

Its been a stressful day but she still has a smile on her lips when she remembers Jeremy. He told her this morning that she needs to go home more early because he had a surprise for her.

It's their anniversary, and knowing her sweet Jeremy he must have outdone  what he did last year.  But she has a surprise of her own. She just hoped that he would love the news she's about to tell tonight.

But a sudden crash behind her stopped her on her tracks. She whipped her head, and look behind her but she can't see anything. Just plain bleakness.

The temperature drops. And she can feel something lurking, hidden and can not be seen. There is a rustling sound, and then something move from her left. The hair on her back stood up, goosebumps rose all over her body.

The streets are empty and dark, the light from the moon is only her guide. Sharpening her eyes, and heightening her senses she took a good look around her, but she still can't see anything. There's something out there. She can hear it moving, but her eyes can't follow its movements. It's too fast for her to see.

Suddenly it stopped. Everything become silent. Still wary and crouching down she turned her head on the left and scream----

********

"Ahhhhh!" John screams like a dying pig, making his friends shriek from too much fear. Some guys even jump on their sits, cursing him.

"John, that's not funny!" Annie yelp as she slaps him in the arm.

"Ha! ha! ha! That's epic! You should have seen your faces! Oh God!" He cackled uncontrollably and he even roll on the  sandy ground like a fool.

Its the final weekend before the start of school, and their group decided to camp out near the beach. Its their last year in highschool and they want to start with a bang. They are all friends since  freshmen year and they wanted to create some good memories before they go off to college next year.

Its nearly midnight and the air is a bit chilly than normal, and its even getting colder as times go by, but not even one of them take notice of it as they continue their loud bickering.

Unfortunately for them...

--

Its still four in the morning but the streets are already noisy from a lot of vehicles passing by. It's unexpected to see police cars, ambulances, and some armored cars drove fast the highway then all stop near a beach.

Locals are already awake as they peer on their windows, some even came down to take a look.

The sight they all see is something out from a nightmare. A memory that they will never forget with the rest of their lives.

Bodies were hacked by some kind of sharp metal, limbs were scattered messily around. The sand is muddy, soaked from too much blood. Their heads separated from their necks. Their eyes are gouge from their socket, brains are leaking from their deformed heads. And their hearts are neatly piled up in the very middle of the whole massacre forming a perfect circle, a single black candle is lit in the center with a strange symbols around it from the blood of the dead bodies...

A man in black suit is standing not far from the crime site. His eyes dark, full of uncontrollable anger. Gritting his teeth, he turn around and walk back on his sleek black Camaro. Fishing his phone out from his pocket he dialed a number.

Beads of sweat begin to roll down his face as he listen intently to the person on the other line and he almost pissed on his pants when he heard 'them' said...

"I'm coming..."

_______________