Chapter One

France: 1548

Catherine: Missing?

Guard: We were told she never made it to the Duke and Dutchessess's estate.

Henry: That's not possible, we had eight of the best armed guards surrounding her

Guard: We found six of them, dead, their throats cut open. The other two are still missing.

Henry: I want every guard in and around this castle searching, gather as many volunteers as you can, use blood hounds if you have to. I want every area within 12 miles, searched.

"They searched for weeks, months even...nothing. It was like I had vanished into thin air." "Leaving an entire nation to wonder what had happened to me." "Was I kidnapped?" "Did I run away?" "Was healthy?" "Was I alive?" "Was I dead?" "Only one person knows the truth."

Guards running and yelling* Horses trotting*

Present Day. The stables at French Court. Francis un-mounting his horse.

Bash: Still grieving brother.

Francis: I'm not grieving.

Bash: You still ride to the place where she was last seen. One would call that grieving.

Francis: It's not grieving, it's called being productive.

Bash: Trained bloodhounds couldn't find her, what makes you think you can?

Francis: I am the dauphin of France, I have many resources at my disposal.

Bash: It's been years Francis, seasons have come, rainstorms have washed away the ruins of yesterday...All evidence of her is gone. You've been beating yourself up about this for years

Francis: I'm going to find her.

Bash: Francis?

Francis: Don't say it.

Bash: She's gone.

Francis: You don't know that.

Bash: She's gone Francis, it's time to let her go.

Francis: I can't....not until I know the truth.