1. The Employment of Supervillains

"And voila! We have access to the personal devices of three CEOs and twenty employees of their companies," Rene declared, swiveling in her chair to greet her friend in sheer triumph

"And voila! We have access to the personal devices of three CEOs and twenty employees of their companies," Rene declared, swiveling in her chair to greet her friend in sheer triumph. Veronica looked up from her laptop with a grin.

"Do we have the bank information?" she enquired, leaning back in her seat as her friend scrolled down her screen. Rene smirked, her eyes scanning every line of data she had gained access to.

"Bank details of two CEOs and fifteen employees... Running a scan to verify the credentials of the other CEO and his fifteen employees. I'd say it's enough to prove just who's been committing fraudulent transactions. And all this lovely information goes to the highest bidder," she continued with a casual smile.

"Unfortunately..." Veronica winced at the dreaded pause. If Rene had lured them into the mortal security radars again, she would have to consider getting a new partner in crime. 

She raised an eyebrow, prompting the girl to continue reluctantly.

"I may have caused a few non-target people to have their devices infected with the Malware too," Rene muttered. "Part of the test run."

Veronica considered the implications, her eyebrow still raised warily.  

"And who would these non-targets be?"

Rene sighed as she glanced at her computer. "People in our neighborhood. Five of them," she replied.

Five affected people in the same neighborhood would be too much of a coincidence in the eyes of the security forces. Unless, of course, the perpetrators had been affected by the infernal malware too.

"Activate the spyware on my phone," she stated, tossing Rene her device. "We've got ten minutes until the first report gets out," she added, glancing at the outgoing signals of the entire neighbourhood. In three minutes, Rene had decimated the privacy settings on her friend's phone, rendering it as affected as the other victims across the road.

Now, all they had to do was lean back and wait for the banking details of the remaining targets to load, and monitor any outgoing security complaints that would be sent that evening. Rene cracked her knuckles as she stretched in her chair, before swiveling in her seat and addressing her partner in crime. 

"How's the job hunt going?"

Veronica hummed in response to her question, idly scrolling down the web page on her laptop. "Still looking for a worthy company," she muttered. 

"I guess we really should have accepted the Craft brothers when they contacted us," Rene remarked, walking over to her friend's desk.

"Excuse me, but didn't we agree that we wanted to do internships first? Explore the agent's job a bit before rushing headfirst into some supervillain organisation, begging for jobs?" Veronica huffed, looking up from her computer screen. It was currently displaying the Home Page of the official Super Villain Agency website.