-1-

Jade Jones wherever she was you could bloody well expect Tommy to be close by. The two were inseparable and grew up from no age together but when Tommy comes home from war everything changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 years. 4 years since Tommy and me had even spoke. He never wrote letters anymore, well to me anyways. It was heartbreaking. Tommy and Jade that's just how it was and no man dare go near me or Tommy would have them hung.

Everyone joked and said we would marry each other but we're too good of friends just to throw it all away if something went wrong.

I was doing the usual shift at the bar when a lot of familiar faces came striding through the door every single Shelby rushing to hug me to the point I couldn't breathe apart from Tommy.

I gave Tommy a warm smile and he stared coldly at me before demanding whiskey in a monotone voice. He was acting like he didn't even know me. The rest of the Shelby's gave me sympathetic looks knowing how much this one human meant to me. 

I just nodded like what else did he want me to do?

•••TIME SKIP 3 DAYS•••

Things are even weirder now.
Men no longer are afraid to touch me. They slap my arse, lift my skirt, kiss me and flirt non-stop.
God, I forgot how much I hated this.
I just miss my Tommy.

He walks past me without even glancing at me.
He is a shell of the man he used to be, obviously I don't expect him to be completely fine because he wrote how awful and traumatic it was before he stopped all together but I was hoping for a little more than this.

Tommy was sitting by himself at the table while I was getting ready to lock up and I took this opportunity to talk to him one on one.

"Hey Tom, haven't spoke to you in a while. I've missed you" I spoke as I sat down sending him a genuine warm smile.

He just gave me an annoyed grunt warning me to basically fuck off and leave him alone.

"Right Mr. Shelby. Sorry for bothering you" I angrily mumbled and spat his name.

I could tell he was pissed by the way his knuckles turned white from squeezing the glass but he did not move or speak.

"Jade" He grumbled as I was walking away.

I quickly span around with my mouth agape. Thomas Shelby spoke.

"Get a glass and bring over the bottle" He spoke with no emotion.

I quickly grabbed another glass and the branded whiskey and set them on the table before taking a seat myself.

"Now let's get things straight. We are no longer friends or more. I do not care or worry what men do to you any longer. I will now do everything alone because I regret not telling enough people to fuck off....and you're one".