1. Prelude

It was raining that night. The droplets were falling from the heavens and onto the roofs of hell, the patterning of the impact echoing through my then silent house. The blood from his head dribbled down his face and onto his fine made suit- staining it at the collar. I could never tell what he was thinking his last moments of heart activity. But if it wasn't him regretting putting me through fucking hell and back, well, he deserved that bullet into the head.

-
"Can you state your full name for me?"
"Maria O'Brien."
"Your birthdate."
"16th October 1961."
"And do you know why you're here?"
I cleared my throat, "Yes." I leaned on the desk glaring into the interrogators eyes in front of me, "and I plead guilty to killing Mr Peter O'Brien on Friday the 8th of June 1984."

-
You see, as I was delivered to my cell, I always knew it was either he kill me or I killed him, that thought always lingered in my mind- guess fate decided I was meant to live and he was meant to rot in the pit in a garden of dead bodies. I still remember the shock in his eyes, those fucking brown puppy eyes is why I was put in those cuffs. He was so sweet, but his taste turned sour quick. But maybe I liked the sourness, maybe something in me enjoyed when he threw me to he floor, cussing me out, maybe I enjoyed defending myself for once, maybe I enjoyed killing those sweet old puppy eyes on that rainy night in June.