Help /N0T/ Wanted

"This is my turf, you Maliwan dickheads! Haha, suck my smoking barrel, you wankers! I'll bite your ears off and feed 'em to you, you bloody slabs of duck butter!" Lorelei shouts aggressively through her persistent gunfire directed at the last of a Maliwan squad unfortunate enough to happen upon her whilst she's sober from coffee. She pants heavily and her tense body eases up for a moment "That's the last of 'em. We're safe for now. Maybe... What? Who is that?!" She readies her weapon back up and points it at a cloaked figure who she managed to notice due to its close proximity.

The figure disengages it's cloaking mechanism to reveal a sleek black and grey set of armour hiding whoever or whatever is beneath it. "Are you Lorelei? / Rhys sent me to back you up. / but you seem... uh, good." The man spoke up.

Lorelei once again drops her guard and scoffs "If that toothbrush-haired wanker wants to help me, he can send over some pallets of food and water for the civilians we've got in here. I've got my bullets for back up" she says with annoyance, like she was either offended that Rhys thought she needed help, or that she was impatient to get supplies to the citizens of Promethea. The man in the armour stood there blankly, as if he'd never been in this situation before. Lorelei speaks back up to cut the silence "You starin' at something, mate?" She asks the mysterious man.

The man realizes he's stared too long without saying something, he hadn't pieced together a proper response yet. "No, I wasn't, uh... / I'm Zer0. I'll go tell Rhys. / It was nice meeting... you. Damn it" Zer0 says, so staggered that he messed up his haiku. He cuts the introduction short and cloaks himself before making a grand ninja-like exit.

Lorelei stares blankly where Zer0 once stood. "Huhhh. That's a weird one. Tall though. Hm..." she says, delightfully noting his height. She quickly shakes the thought and gets back to tending to her duties and the people.

Zer0 soon reappears at Atlas HQ to meet up with Rhys "What happened to me? / I've never messed up before. / that was not very cool." Zer0 says as he walks into Rhys office.

"What wasn't cool? Is Lorelei okay buddy?" Rhys asks with a hint of concern as he moves his head to the left of his holographic computer screen on his desk to address Zer0.

"Lorelei is fine. / But I messed up my haiku. / that never happens." Zer0 says in defeat as he walks forward with slumped shoulders.

Rhys closes his holographic work in front of him instantly "Woah wait what? You choked on a haiku? Zer0 what's up man, forget Lorelei, are YOU okay?" Rhys goes full bro-mode as he interrogates his shady assassin bro.

"That's just the thing Rhys. / I can't forget Lorelei. / She's so amazing!" Zer0 bluntly confesses as he displays a heart emoticon on his visor.

Rhys laughs "Lorelei? Really? In all the years I've known you I've never seen you show any kind of romantic interest in someone? It- it's gotta be serious if you couldn't even haiku properly. Today alone I've learned two new things: One, that you can feel... well, feelings. Two, that you can break a haiku" Rhys walks up and puts his hand on Zer0s shoulder "Even tho it's totally weird, I give you my blessing to pursue her, but beware, she's not your average girl literally at all" Rhys says, both warning and comforting his bro.

"Thanks for your consent. / I didn't know I needed it. / I'll go back to her." The assassin says as he straightens out his posture "She seemed mad at you. / But if you want to help her. / she requires supplies." Zer0 informs Rhys, remembering Lorelei's request.

"More supplies? Jeez, the starving people of war torn Promethea really eat a lot huh?" He says, Zer0 shrugs his shoulders in response. "All right, report back to her and tell her the supplies are coming, and then you stay by her side 'assisting her' until you win her over champ! Or... until you know, I echo for your assistance in the corporate war" Rhys says as he gives a thumbs up gesture. Zero nods and heads back out to the war-front.

Moments after Zer0 left Atlas HQ, Rhys echos him "Oh and Zer0? I forgot to mention, Lorelei loves coffee, she hasn't had many opportunities to get her hands on any since the invasion began, I bet she'd love a nice hot cup. Arcturian Superblack is her cup of tea- or, coffee I guess. Hm, to be honest she strikes me as a tea person now that I think of it... huh."

((AN: This is more or so me testing the waters of this ship and format, not 100% sure if I'll take this book too far, you guys give me enough positive feedback and I'll likely see it through properly. I thought the idea of Zer0 being infatuated by Lorelei was kinda funny and cute so I thought I'd give this a go))