Prologue

You knew something was wrong the moment you woke up. The sunlight burned your eyes more than usual. Your whole body was stiff and everything just felt out of place.You sat up, eyes darting back and forth around the room. You were on a bed and there's a beeping machine that was attached to your body, an IV drip on your hand. 

You tugged the drip off, removing the foreign objects attached to your body. This was so scary. You don't ever remember going to the hospital, the last thing you did was wash your plates and then head to bed after long hours of working as a waitress. 

You put on the slippers, clicking the door open a little and peeking through the hole. The nurses and doctors were darting back and forth, not even paying attention to you. 

You slid your body through the hole, hoping to walk by unnoticed. You managed to head out of the hospital without much worry. You felt bad. You were leaving without paying your hospital bills but you were running out of money at this point. 

You only managed a couple of feet out of the hospital before you bumped into a old man, his red coat fluttering behind him. He gently brushed off his shirt before his eyes widen at the sight of you. 

He held you tightly, "(Y/N)?"

You swallowed harshly. You just had to bump into a rich guy and now he was going to make you pay for his dry cleaning. "Yes?" 

"You're awake..." His face soften and get pulled you into a hug. "You're alright." 

You blinked your eyes, returning the hug back. He rubbed your back gently, before turning you around towards the hospital. 

"Let's get the doctors to examine you and check your health. I know how eager you are to leave the hospital. Are you alright? You have been unconscious for the past two weeks." The old man paused, cocking his head to his top two bodyguards, "(Y/N), this is Hanuel and Riley. My top two bodyguards, they will be yours from now on. I will allow both of them to attend school with you."

You couldn't even protest. You just nodded your head. Still unsure of what was happening.

Hanuel smiled at you, waving his black gloved hand. He was taller than Riley and had a cool silver long hair. Riley on the other hand remain stoic. Crossing his arms. He looked like a foreigner with his red hair and green eyes.

*-*

The rest of your day went without much problem. The old man, who you found out was your uncle sent you home with his bodyguards and apparently you live in this gigantic mansion by yourself with 10 servants. You didn't even know there was such things as servants in the 21st century. 

"Welcome home, miss (L/N). We were just informed that you woke up. Please accept our apologies for not welcoming you in our best manners."

You stepped back, accidentally stepping on your bodyguard's foot. You apologize softly, and returned the greeting back to the servants. You weren't quite sure what they meant when this wasn't the best they could do. The whole house was brimming like it had been washed more than three times.

"Do you need us to prepare you a bath? Your uncle had called earlier and told us that school starts in a week. Would you like to go shopping for clothes today?"