Chapter 1

Kat's POV

*Beep* *Beep*

The alarm goes disrupting me from my wonderful dream of Zac Efron.

I sigh getting up for the day, another day of pure torture from her father. He had called her and told her to come down to his house for he had a meeting and needed her. She knew what he was saying, she was to dress properly and act like the perfect child she wasn't as her father had pointed out countless times.

Her full name is Kathrine Marlio Marcuis. She is the daughter to Angelo Marcuis and Lillian Marcuis, has three siblings and no matter what she does she can't get out of there shadow. She is the youngest one out of all of them, she was never really close to her family even when she was young most likely cause she never REALLY met them until she was 14. The only time she was really around was when they wanted to do something that SHE HAD to be involved with.

Her father was a business owner so she was always under a lot of pressure, the only person she was close to was her older brother by two years Andrew, he had always, and I mean always had her back and she thanked him for that. With him around she always felt loved.

Her family wanted her to become a lawyer so she got into Harvard to make them proud but It didn't do any good, they just thought she was ordinary they even said, and I quote "The school all rich kids go to, couldn't even get into a collage without our money" She didn't know what they meant by the last part but sooner or later she found out. Yeah, turned out they paid the school to let her in. Yeah turns out they didn't believe in her a single inch.

She ended up dropping out, how they had a fit about that.

She went into fashion after a while of trying to find her passion. Even when she was younger she always loved art. Who knew it would lead her to her dream career.

She ended up starting a business with all the money she saved up since she was 15, she also made my own company apart from her fathers' name called Bonjour Boutique. It ended up being a huge success, which for her was absolutely astonishing. But for her twin sister Jane it was a nightmare. Her parents even threatened her by saying if she didn't shut it down they wouldn't disown her, although they never did since they got money off of it.The only person that was truly there was Andrew.

————————————————————

Jason's POV

Damn it!!!

"Kayla!!!!" I scream

She rushes into my office before asking me what she can help with.

"How come you didn't tell me Angelo Marcuis scheduled a meeting?!!?!" I yelled

"We-well you weren't here for two weeks an-and I didn't...um know where yo-you went sir" she said stuttering

"God damn it you still have my damn phone number!!!" I said before locking her out of my office.

I sat down in my chair with a frown. Angelo Marcuis was the famous owner M.I.T.C.H. A very big business that he started from just a couple thousand dollars and turned it into more than 500 million. His father was rich so he had some help but other than that he started with nothing.

If Mr. Marcuis wanted to have a meeting with Jason a meeting he shall have.

—————————————————————

Jason later called his assistant to accept the meeting and file it in his schedule.

Jason wasn't always so cold hearted but after an incident that happened years ago when he was still a boy he shut everyone down. The only people who he still counted on was his mother, sister, and best friend Luca.

Although he still let them in he never told anyone the true story that happened that night. Only three people knew and two of them were dead.

——————————————————————

Kathrine was always a cheerful girl even when she was experiencing the worst of times, such as when her grandmother died. And in front of her very eyes, even though she was young at the time she knew exactly what was happening around her. She tried to do something but couldn't.

Her father couldn't bare to see the girl who caused the love of his life to die. He had sent her away with her grandfather when she was 2 days old and until she turned 14 he took her back in. Well...let her stay in his home.

———————————————————

Sorry it was so short!
Don't worry there is going to be a bunch more chapters coming out soon.
I just started working out some stories that I wanted to publish but there are some minor tweaks I have to deal with.
This will be the first time actually putting them out in the public's eyes so it will take some time to finish hopefully I can finish a few more but for now you'll have to wait a little.

                                                             S.R.❤️