⋆Five⋆

"𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕎𝕠𝕝𝕗𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕?"

...

"Th- there it is!" Finn pants excessively as he tries to speak. He and Millie approach the illuminated building. Inside, they can see the shadows of people walking back and forth, conversing at tables as they eat their dinners.

They push through the door, causing all eyes to divert onto them.

"You're late!" Mr.Hopper asserts sternly as he approaches them. He glimpses at Millie before redirecting his harsh glance towards Finn. Finn gulps, remembering his Principle's threat from earlier.

"We lost track of time unpacking, we're really sorry," Millie speaks up, smiling sincerely at him.

He looks at her, before nodding in return, a kind smile reappearing on his face. "Alright, Dinner is almost over, hurry in!"

They both nod and continue past quickly, walking towards the extensive buffet at the back of the room, squeezing between the seats and table crowding the room.

"Thanks for saving me there" Finn whispers to Millie as they both grab a plate to start choosing their foods.

"Yeah, no problem" Millie responds. She hates the way she is treated differently compared to other classmates due to her name. However, at this moment, she used it to their advantage.

Millie watches Finn grab a few sausages, throwing them onto his plate as he continues to eye his options, licking his lips longingly.

Millie frowns at him in wonder. "What is wrong with you, Wolfhard?"

He looks up at her, as he furrows his eyebrows "What do mean?"

She shakes her head laughingly in disbelief. "Usually you would use this situation to say something stupid like, oh lucky you have me."

He sighs, looking back down at the cuisine. "I guess Im out of my element."

Millie looks at him concerned, however deciding to shake it off and get her food before the dining hall closes.

Finn isn't quite sure what's wrong with him either. He feels a sort of guilt when annoying her and doesnt want to come across as a jerk anymore. He is happy that they are on good terms and can call each other friends.

Millie stands with her plate, of meatballs and spaghetti, as she examines the room. She spots Sadie and Noah waving her to come to them. Sadie is sitting next to Caleb and Noah is seated next to a curly bronze haired boy.

"Come let's sit over there," Millie tells Finn, gripping his arm instinctively to lead him through the maze of tables.

Finn jolts, due to the sudden touch, she notices this and laughs as she releases his arm and continues, him now having to find his own way to the table.

God Finn what the fuck is your problem stop being so weird!

They finally reach the table, relieved due to having not dropped any of their dinners. Greeting them are the smiling faces of both of their friends.