(One Shot: Shikamaru Love Story)

Published: January 01, 2015 
Edited: March 10, 2018

"Argh! Shikamaru! Give me break, will you?! Lets try it again! And I'll make sure that I'll beat you this time!"

There they go again, they're playing Shogi like a it's big deal.

Anyway, it's already December, we were just waiting on the school announcements like when will be the Christmas party, when will be the start of christmas vacation, the back to school days and lastly, the examination result we've took last week, but they have already done the announcement of the results just awhile ago. That's why we don't have anything to do here in our classroom and just sitting and doing whatever we want to for having our schedule to a full vacant this week. They should have made it clearer and made this week to be having those parties they wanted to put on the schedule that to be celebrated before the school ends this year. It was better that way than wasting our time just sitting in the classroom for a whole week that we're not even allowed to absent or else we'll be marked absent.

And that's the reason why all of my classmates did was doing what they wanted to, but what I could name on the lots of monkey business here was the group of playing shogi and watching the match. Some students from the other class were also here just because of to watch the shogi match, and one of them is Shikamaru.

As for ranked one of the top notchers for the exam in this grading period, it'll be Sasuke from the noble family of the Uchiha, it's not new of course. But that was from the other class and a lower level than ours. I just heard of it because he was from my younger brother's class. And the top notch of our class, our class mayor and the school's student body president was Neji from the noble Hyuga clan. And I ranked second this grading period like always, but I couldn't careless. 

Me? What am I doing? Avoiding all the trouble. I was just looking outside the window, alone on my row. How could I not be this alone if they were all grouped down there, watching the game of shogi like it was such a big deal? I don't have any plan on watching that game like my classmates and the students from the other class who went all their way to our classroom are watching and playing.

"Who's gonna challenge Shikamaru?" Asked Kiba Inuzuka, one of my schoolmate, he was from the lower year and he's also Shikamaru's friend, from his class too.

"Me!" I turned my attention to that guy who just shouted. It's the blond haired knuckle head of the lower class that who is in the same class with Kiba and Shikamaru. The person who vocally announces his amibition first day of his class on the Academy that he will become the Yakuza leader of Japan,  Naruto Uzumaki. He has his right hand raised, representing himself that he is the one who wanted to battle Shiakamaru in a shogi.

I'm not getting the good feeling with this.

"Naruto, it's your eleventh time to play shogi with Shikamaru!" says Kiba then roamed his eyes on our classroom probably looking for the next contender, ignoring Naruto's volunteering to be the one.

"You're already putting us to sleep, Naruto" complained Choji, he's from the lower year class with Naruto, Kiba and Shikamaru.

"What did you say?!" then blah blah blah..I don't care..

"Can I?" I take a look on who was that, even if I don't care who it would be. It's the light blonde haired girl with the swirl-tinted glasses. She was in the same class with me.

"Wait, Shiho. No offence, but do you know how to play shogi?" Asked Ino, from the lower year class with Naruto, Kiba, Shikamaru and Choji, like unable to believe that Shiho really plays shogi.

"Frankly, I do." Shiho replied to Ino, but judging to her voice, she's wanted to hide her nervousness behind that confidence that she was putting on.