Part 1: "They day we met"

Copyright © 2019 Sophie Veilleuxe

This story is under editing. Pardon on the grammars.

It's a beautiful morning. The calming breezes from the Han River, intrude into the window of an apartment of a young woman. She starts her day with a semi sweet coffee while observing the clear blue skies and the stack of significant row building lays in front of her. It is her daily normal views since she started to work for C&R International.

She is a freelancer and works inside that small apartment for a thrive of life. She recalled the day she joined the private association a year ago, where she met her new virtual friends, Zen, Yoosoung, Jaehee (Asst Kang), Luciel, and Jumin Han. She never met them in person and the next charity event will be their first live meeting. She is excited to finally meet them.

---------

At the night of the occasion-

The large banquet hall begins to fill with the incoming guests. Sophie is the first one to arrive as she is responsible for the venue. The hall is decorated with vases of flowers and brightened with the enormous sparkling chandeliers.

Standing among the growing crowds are Zen, Luciel, Jaehee, and Yoosoung. Everyone was excited and they were looking for Sophie but she was nowhere their eyes could see. "This is so great, look! Celebrities are also here. They are definitely thrilled about this! I know that we did a glorious job!" Zen yells in excitement.

"Have any of you seen Sophie? She isn't online..." Yoosoung sounds concerned as they are supposedly meeting the new member any time soon. "I guess you can try to find the busiest person in here..." Jaehee answers him with a logical answer. A typical Jaehee.

The group members moved to the dessert table as they notice the irresistible culinary masterpieces serves on the banquet tables. The exclusive treats that intertwined flavor and texture of anyone who taste them. "Oh! I will spoil myself with these!" Yoosoung delighted once he sees the treats.

While enjoying the dessert, their eyes are still greedily lurking through the banquet hall, searching for a woman named Sophie.

--------------

Meanwhile, on the other side, Sophie is ruthlessly rushing through the golden antique design hallway. The heels she wears limit her movement. She is walking with one of her hands trying to fix the heels and this is where she accidentally bumps into Jumin Han. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm so careless..." She rubs her forehead and quickly picks up her phone, notebooks, and purse that scattered on the floor.

"Please be careful of where you're going! You may hurt others because of your clumsiness." The man's voice firmed as he remained calm. "Oh, I'm so sorry..." She bows lightly before shifting her eyes into the man's eyes. It surprised her to see Jumin Han, her group leader, standing right in front of her eyes. It surprised her, and so was Jumin. At first glance, it captivated Jumin by her notable almond eyes that were framed with long fluffy eyelashes.

Her light brown hair and her velvety fair skin fit perfectly with the yellow jacket and the skirts she put on. He was stunned for a moment as he looked into those beautiful crystal clear eyes that pulled him to swim into it.  But, he acts gracefully even though he feels a unique connection with the woman.

"Excuse me, Mr. Han, I didn't notice you, are you okay?" Sophie hovering her hand to wake him up. He stood still with no emotion displayed. He probably dives in already as he has lost his focus. "Anyway, please watch out where you're going, it could be dangerous to the others!  It's good that you know who I am." Jumin sounds enraged. "I will, I'm so sorry, I'll be extra careful next time" She bows once again. They walk in a different way. Jumin left her with a slightly annoyed face before she rushes to the main hall.

"Who is this woman? I haven't seen her before. I've looked through the guest list, but I'm sure that I haven't met her before. Is she invited?". He mumbles while recollects the name list that he has gone through before, but he assures that he knew everyone on the list.

After some time, Sophie walks into the hall where she notices her friends who are talking at the corner. "Hi! Sorry, I could not greet you guys earlier." Sophie smiles widely as she finally meets the members in person.

"Oh my goodness, it's Sophie! We finally meet!" Zen was smiling widely as he is the most excited to meet her. "You look more attractive in person. Your profile photo though... They must be the ones from your high school." Luciel speaks. It confused him as an old photo has deceived him. An immature version of her.

"Well, beauty is just human perception. Everyone has different perceptions on them. Nice meeting you, I'm Jaehee..." Jaehee introduced herself. "I'm Zen, your good-looking and humble actor..." Zen bowed with courtesy with one hand at the back and the other hand on his stomach.

"I am Luciel, the geniuses that can hack into your heart..." Luciel winks at her while pointing his finger like a gun. "I am Yoosoung, the youngest in this team!" Yoosoung screams as he is excited too. They finally meet in person.

"Do you have a boyfriend by any chance?" Zen popped out a sudden question that made everyone turn their eyes on him. "That is a sudden question Zen.." Jaehee sounds as if she is jealous. Everyone knows that she is Zen's number one fan.

Immersed with the conversation, everyone forgot about the group leader, Jumin Han. In a few minutes, Jumin stroll towards them. "Look, it's Jumin, he's finally joining us, that arrogant guy!" Zen wails in annoyance.

They were like cats and dogs. No one stands in between them when they start a quarrel. Everyone turned around to see Jumin. He walks confidently approaching them. It excites Sophie to see him again, so she throws him a smile that melts his heart. Jumin flustered, but he hid it well. Luckily he did not slip on the floor.

"Mr. Han, this is Sophie, " Jaehee introduces Sophie to Jumin. Sophie quickly handed over her hand for a shake, but he refused to. "Sorry Sophie, but he does not just shake hands with anyone." Jaehee whispers to Sophie about his boss's well-known etiquette.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Sophie's face reddens with embarrassment. "Nevermind of him Sophie. He is always an arrogant jerk. Let's take a photo" Zen urges everyone to stand close to each other. The memorable moment capture for future access.

---------

They talk and enjoy the party until midnight. Everyone is welcoming her with open arms. They enjoyed themselves and talked until the party ended. The event extends until 1.00 am. When everyone has left the banquet hall, Sophie is still there. She is standing at the exit to say goodbye to the guests. Jumin and his father pass through her. CEO Han gives her warm smiles while Jumin stops for appraisal.

"Well done, you did a monumental job for a first-timer..." Jumin congratulates Sophie and she bows politely. He walks to his car where the driver opens the door for him. She watches him with jealousy. "His life must be perfect..." She murmurs.

In a quick glance, Sophie glimpses him whispering something to Jaehee before his car drifts away. In a few minutes, Jaehee walks towards Sophie. "Mr. Han had asked me to take over, it's late, and you look tired..." Jaehee gives her a smile. "Oh, it's okay Jaehee. You can go home first..." She smiles and urges Jaehee to go home, refusing her help.

It's almost 5 am when she reached her apartment. It is a tiring day but she feels happy. "Arhh... I am so tired... " She yawns and throws herself on the soft bed and instantaneously falls asleep.

——————

Beep! Beep!       Beep! Beep!

The next morning, she wakes up by the sound of the incoming text messages on her phone. Everyone is congratulating her for her hard work and contributions in the chatroom.

Continue in part 2...