▹ Bets and broken hearts

"George come on, you know I'm not like that--"

"You're not like that?! If you're 'not like that' then why the fuck are you standing there telling me this entire relationship was nothing but a fucking bet? A pity bet. Let's fuck with George because he's a loser who can't get a girl. Oh, let's all laugh as George falls in love with a girl that doesn't even want to be with him. No, you are like that Nia because you are the centre point of this entire fucking bet." 

George hadn't ever been the type to lose his shit, even when he argued with Nia, he was never one to raise his voice or yell. He kept himself calm. He'd let her slap him when she got to a certain point of anger, he'd let her scream and he'd still remain calm. He'd still hold her whilst she broke down. So to see him so angry was quite intimidating to her. She was shocked. He hadn't meant to find out, but her best friend - who for some reason loved seeing George hurt - told him. 

"We've been together for a year Mia and not once did you tell me. You let me open up, let me love you and you didn't even feel the same!" 

She cupped his cheeks, searching his eyes desperately as tears filled her own. George looked back at her, though he didn't have the same loving look he used to have. Emptiness. It was all that she could see. "I do! I did! I do love you so much, George. It started out as a bet but believe me please, I do love you and I cannot lose you, not like this-" 

"Well, you should've thought about that before you decided to break my heart. I'm going home and I want you to delete my number and I do not want to see your face again. Are we understood?" 

She nodded. 

George's heart clenched as the tears poured down her cheeks. He loved her enough to open up to her which if you knew George personally then you'd know that it's a very fucking big thing. George doesn't open up, not to anyone.

"George please-" 

"Don't mess with people's emotions, Nia. Feelings aren't to be played with." 

And with that, George was gone. The end to his relationship and unknowingly to him the last one for many years. George was sixteen years old and he decided that love? It didn't exist. 

_________

- Present.

"George? Are you okay?" 

George turned to meet the worried eyes of Jin. He had zoned out, memories of his past relationship filling his head as they questioned him on the mystery person he was caught kissing. 

"I'm not dating anyone and it wasn't a kiss, you must have caught it on a weird angle. It was just an old friend who needed help. And no, Jimin, before you throw a tantrum, you're not being replaced. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna head to my room. I have a um-a headache coming on. I'll talk to you guys later." George backed away and exited the room, rushing to his own. 

Slamming the door closed, he slid down it as tears flowed down his cheeks. Seeing her again had really hit him hard, he hadn't expected her to kiss him and what Jin didn't see was how quick George pulled away after coming to his senses. Nia Han was George's first love, first everything and even now, years later...she still knew how to play on his heart. 

The memories of the constant bullying, name-calling, the laughter and even the eggs being thrown at him after they broke up all rushed back to him. He had been blamed for hurting her. Bets and broken hearts were apparently okay when he was the victim, but his peers soon turned on him when it was somebody else with the broken heart. 

Nia was allowed to hurt him, they were all allowed to hurt him...but he wasn't allowed to break up with her because it would hurt her.

A soft knock sounded on the door, interrupting George from his crying session. 

"I-"

"George I know you're crying, open the door." Yoongi's voice sounded and that's all he needed to know. George jumped up and yanked the door open, immediately falling into Yoongi's embrace. Surprisingly, Yoongi was ready to grab onto him and with the weight of George's body in his arms, he stumbled inside the room. "Take your time to calm down and then we'll talk." 

George nodded against his chest. It was very unlikely for Yoongi to be basically rocking his members like a baby, but when it came to George he felt some kind of protectiveness. They were similar in many ways mentally, they suffered from similar things and even though George was a bouncy, constantly smiling happy virus but he suffered in silence. He was filled with insecurities and he hid his pain. Yoongi knew how vulnerable he was...which is why he was sat with the boy in his lap.

"I ran into her...she kissed me, I pulled away once it clicked in my brain what was happening. She has control Yoongi and she knows it, she knows how weak I get for her." 

Yoongi didn't have to hear a name, he knew exactly who George was talking about.

His first love, his first heartbreak and his last girlfriend. The person who stopped George from having a girlfriend. Anger bubbled inside of Yoongi's body, but he only nodded. 

"She doesn't deserve you. You're too good for her, she broke your heart. If she had an ounce of respect she wouldn't have made that bet, feelings for you or not it's called being a decent human being and she isn't one. But just because she isn't doesn't mean that the rest will hurt you. Just think about giving someone else a chance, someone who likes you."

Yoongi was hinting at someone in particular and George knew exactly who, but he remained quiet and closed his eyes. He snuggled himself into Yoongi's chest and took a deep breath.

All he needed right now was a hug. 

________________

ONE WORD: BITCH. 

I come up with these plots and then get angry it's seriously not healthy but I like can't stop my fingers from tapping the keys and creating the drama. 

Anyway thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but I hope you enjoyed anyway. 

You are greatly appreciated 💜 

- Blue x