Vee's World

The early morning sun shone brightly through the small window in Victoria's even smaller bedroom. As the sun slowly inched higher and higher, the beams coming through the window slowly moved towards the sleeping form of the young woman. Eventually, those beams of bright light shined on her face, causing her to grumble.

The young woman wished for nothing more than to stay in bed, after all, the warm blankets on her soft mattress had accepted her as their own. She was more than comfortable, and content with staying in bed all day. Though, to her dismay, life had other plans for the young redhead.

"Vicky darlin'!" Her friend, Thyra, called through the closed door, "You need to get up. Classes will start without you."

Thyra was Victoria's oldest, and closest friend. The two had grown up together and their parents were the best of friends, so naturally, they became the best of friends as well. Even when the time to plan for college had come around, the two immediately knew they wanted to go to college together. And they did. Thyra's friend, Keith, eventually joined them and here they both were. Still as close as ever.

"You know I hate you calling me that." Victoria mumbled into her pillow, barely loud enough to be heard.

"Yeah, but I do it anyway! Now up and at it. Classes start in twenty minutes and you don't want to be late. I will drag you to class again if I have to."

Victoria groaned at the memory. Thyra, in all her glory, had dragged her friend to her Calculus class in just her pajamas. It had been the most embarrassing thing to have ever happened to her, to include when the twins had tried to set up a 'Blind date' for her.

"NO!" She screamed a little too loudly, "There is no need to drag me. I'm getting up right now. Promise."

She could hear the blonde's laugh through the door, "And here I thought I would have to coax you out with math and science."

"But you didn't."

Thyra laughed again, "Please, we both know you would have preferred that."

Letting out a sigh, Victoria couldn't deny the truth.

"Well, that or your crush?"

Victoria stopped. Thyra just had to bring him up. The guy that caused her to freeze up and stumble over her own two feet.

"I don't know what you mean by that." She joked.

"Oh really? So you don't remember a guy by the name of Alex Smith? Blonde hair? Beautiful amber eyes?"

"Why must you do this to me?"

Victoria had been crushing on Alex Smith for as long as she could remember, and he even ended up at the same college as her and Thyra. Now she never heard the end of the teasing and jokes about him.

"Hey Vicky, you mind if I come in?"

"Oh! Yes of course, I forgot you were still behind the closed door."

Thyra wasted no time getting herself into Victoria's room. The door slammed open, most likely Thyra trying to be dramatic, and Victoria felt a gust of air from the force. Then there was a bang, and she already knew what had happened, but she looked over to be sure. Thyra was surprisingly strong for her small figure, and had managed to bash the wall in with the doorknob. Leave it to Thyra to do that. The nerdy geometric wallpaper had also been ripped. She made a mental note to ask Keith to fix it later.

Thyra, looking slightly embarrassed, walked over to the closet and opened the doors. Being careful not to smash the wall.

She rummaged through the closet, looking for something that Victoria could wear. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Thyra threw a crop and some jeans at her friends confused countenance.