prologue

Tyler pulled her long hair back into a ponytail, brushing it back. She used a purple scrunchie to keep it in place, letting it flow behind her. She slid on her glasses and sat down on her bed, pulling out the book she had been reading, Lord of the Rings. The only light on in her room was her bedside lamp, illuminating the words she was reading. She laid down, at an angle where she was still sitting up but laying down, like a recliner chair. Her phone was distantly playing music, a broadway playlist she had put together for calm moments like this, where she was just reading a book, not a care in the world except for whatever was happening to the main character.

Then she heard a thump outside of her window on the balcony, as if someone had fallen onto it.

She placed her book down to investigate, making sure her baseball bat from her 5th grade baseball career was within grabbing distance of the balcony. She slowly opened the glass door, holding her breath.

"Who's there?" She whispered.

"Boo." A familiar voice spoke, causing her to fall backwards in fright. She reached toward her baseball bat, trying her hardest to grab the stick, but failing.

"Hey Tyler, why are you so scared of me?" The voice responded, this time clearer. "Jacky?" Tyler's glasses were across the room, having fallen off of her face from the fall back. "What are you doing here?" Tyler could barely see any of her ex's movements toward her, but she knew Jacky was approaching her, so she crawled backward.

"Nothing much. Just came to ask you for a favor." Jacky picked up Tyler's glasses, just to throw them back on the floor to step on them. "You asshole. What do you want," Tyler climbed up onto her bed, vision still fuzzy without her glasses.

"What do I want? You dead." Jacky let out a maniacal laugh, almost like a Disney villain, but not as exaggerated. Tyler nervously laughed along. "You- you're not serious," Tyler spoke, drawing in a short breath. "Or are you?"

"Hundred percent." Jacky spoke, pulling a pocket knife out of her black hoodie's pocket. "I've always wanted to do something like this. Ooh, let's do this Yuri style!" She laughed, pushing Tyler down on the bed. "First the cuts on the arm. I mean come on, would this be a Yuri-esque death without the cuts?" Tyler wanted to scream, knowing holy shit Jacky's gonna kill me, but she couldn't, due to her throat being squeezed, making her almost unable to move. She cried as Jacky dug the pocket knife into her arm, creating multiple scars over the faded middle school cuts. "Some people always get it wrong, for Yuri's death. It goes stomach, stomach, heart, not heart, heart, heart." Jacky shook her head, as a breathless Tyler on the bed lost blood through her arm. One of the cuts Jacky had mercilessly made went down to the bone, making Tyler unable to move at all.

"You ready for this?" Jacky smiled at her victim. "Or do you want to say a last word?"

"Go to hell." Tyler spat as she coughed up blood. Jacky laughed, and dug the knife into Tyler's stomach twice, then into her heart. Jacky laughed, licking the blood on the knife. She then carved one letter into Tyler's arm; 'J'. A J could mean anything. Names, words, anything. She jumped over the balcony, lading on her feet, leaving a poor Tyler on the bed, still bleeding out, barely alive.

Tyler's last breath, last thought, was spent almost laughing at her current situation, her still playing Broadway playlist playing the words 'If you die while listening to this album,It's still gonna keep playing.' Thanks, Beetlejuice, she thought.

While Jacky walked away, she giggled upon hearing a scream, presumably from Tyler's mom. Her mission was accomplished.