It's A Love Story

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Uncle Rick.

AU: After the Giant War. Calypso and Leo broke up. Jason, Piper, Percy, Annabeth and Leo are visiting New Rome. Reyna is upset because of Jason and Piper. Leo decides to console her, but doesn't know his own feelings yet. And Jason doesn't DIE! NUH-UH! And TOA doesn't happen. Teardrops on my Guitar and Love Story belong to Taylor Swift. Anyways:

REYNA'S POV:

I was sitting in my praetor's room, waiting for the demigods from Camp-Half Blood. I was impatient already. To kill time, I picked up a book-Eleanor and Park. I sat down on a chair and propped my legs on the desk. After a few chapters, I heard someone calling my name. I turned to see a messenger. He gasped for breath and panted, 'They're here, the Greeks.' Greeks. It was an improvement to Graecus scum, but it was hard convincing everyone that the Greeks were friendly and our allies. Some of the things the older veterans had said-I shuddered and returned to reality. But that voice was familiar. I couldn't place it until the guy stopped gasping and looked at me, a cold sneer on his face-Trey Garibaldi, legacy of Janus. He was one of Octavian's loyal supporters and he still hated the Greeks. I rolled my eyes and started donning my armor. Trey looked at me with a cruel glint in his eyes and asked, 'Armor, Praetor? Sure the Greeks are our friends?'

I fixed him a cold stare and said, 'The armor is to protect my friends, our allies against so called "True Romans" who're nothing more than backstabbing low-lives, Messenger.' I spat the words out with as much contempt as manageable. He lowered his eyes as I walked out.

I soon reached the main forum, where the demigods, my friends were standing. I had to contain myself as I saw them so as to not go hug them immediately. Frank and Hazel were gone on a quest so Dakota filled in, giving his speech. There was Percy, his eyes glinting with amusement; Annabeth who was studying the legion's stances and their weapons but her eyes sparkled when they saw me. She rushed forward and we hugged despite the many raised eyebrows some of the legion gave us. Annabeth was my best friend and I didn't care about what others thought. Then there was Leo, looking nervous (he had blown up New Rome) but his eyes were puffy and his hands were still. Leo's hands were never still! Then there was Piper, as beautiful as ever and holding hands with him-Jason. When I saw him I almost started sobbing. The scar above his lip and that messy lock of hair and that carefree smile and his amazing eyes that made me want to stare into them for eternity. Gods of Olympus, I needed help! But now he seemed more comfortable, more lax, and more Greek. I chided myself, 'Shut up, Reyna! He's not yours! He's a Greek now, not a Roman.' But one thought struck me odd. 'Where's Calypso,' I ventured, not caring about the way Dakota was glaring at me.

Leo started, 'Calypso? Cal... she... she...' and choked up. Piper placed a hand on his shoulder and said bitterly, 'Calypso couldn't be here due to certain reasons.' Oh shit, Leo and Calypso had broken up. After the speech, I linked my arm in Annabeth's and said, 'Come on! I'll show you around New Rome.'

As we walked, I showed my best friends my home-the Via Principia, the baths, the temples and the Gardens. At some point of time I turned back to ask Jason something, but I noticed he was gone. And so was Piper. I looked at Percy and Annabeth-who were quite oblivious but Leo winced when he saw who I was looking for. I bit back a curse. Almighty Bellona, I hated me. But I hated them more. I continued with the tour and tried to stop the overwhelming emotions in me. I always could manage my feelings and keep a poker face by imagining the emotions were a river of water and I had built an invulnerable dam around it. Usually it helped, but today... I stopped the tour near an outdoor café run by a veteran's family. Percy and Annabeth wandered off while Leo sat on one of the chairs. I followed his suit, hoping for someone to talk to me. But after three minutes of silence, I couldn't bear it anymore. I said, abruptly, 'Valdez, if you don't tell me what's up with you, I will punch your face. What's up with you and Calypso? '