Chapter One

"Do we have any leads on him yet?" Jensen rubbed the bridge of his nose looking around at all the other police officers with blank stares on some of their faces as they looked up at the board with the pattern of the killing's and kidnappings on it, our latest one was about a month ago, a 19 year old boy got taken in an alley leaving nothing behind but his cellphone and wallet on the ground. 

"We might have a lead on Adams, but we haven't gotten anything on the Sheppard case." Osric slapped some papers down on the desk rubbing his head, "The last killing that piper did was last month, and that's when the last kidnapping happened as well. We don't have any new solid evidence that will lead us to him," Osric stood up walking to the board scratching his head in annoyance.

Osrics right, we have squat. Sheppard hasn't been doing anything for an entire month Jensen." Jim groaned scanning through all of the files about Sheppard. i shook my head clearing my throat looking up at the clock on the wall, we've been at this case for hours now without anything new.

"Let's just take a couple minute break" osric and jim agreed sighing heavily. i yawned scratching my chin standing up out of my chair stretching my arms above my head pulling open the office door standing in the doorway, "Coffee's on me, who's coming?" I turned my head in their direction watching them both drop what they were doing and following me out of the room. 

"How's the case coming boy's?" Alona walked past us grabbing our attention, we all shook our heads sadly watching her expression change from hopeful to disappointed. "Nothing? at all?" she slapped her hands to her side giving off a angry vibe, "well just keep looking, i have to work on the missing 3 year old case, catch you guy's later." She sighed heavily strutting away from us back to her desk in the corner scanning through files some more. 

"She's not in a good mood," Osric muttered shaking his head, i nodded continuing to walk through the office checking up on all the other officers. No one could blame Alona for being in a bad mood, she's been working on that case for a couple weeks now none stop with the parents of the child bitching at her for nothing finding their kid yet. 

"everyone let's go!" Lauren yelled hustling officers through the office shoving her gun into the holder on her side. I exchanged a look with jim, looking back at lauren with confused gaze.

"Lauren what's going on?" i yelled over the sound of officers boots drumming against the floor.

"There's been a new killing, let's go!" She yelled at me walking down the office halls with her unit, "Get your group together, we think it's Sheppard!" she yelled over her shoulder disappearing around the corner.

"Jensen let's go!" Jim yelled following Lauren and her unit down the hallway, Osric and i ran back into the office grabbing our badges and coats running back after Jim and Lauren climbing into our police cars flashing our emergency lights  following closely behind Lauren until we reached the crime scene with police and fire fighters already there investigating. 

I stepped out of my car watching Jim and Osric to get out of theirs walking towards the yellow tape showing our badges to the officers bending down underneath the tape.

"Osric and i, are going to go talk to some officers jensen," Jim informed me walking off with Osric to a couple of officers talking by the ambulance.

"Nice to see you again Jensen," Jared greeted me beside the body covered by a bloody white sheet. "You think it's Sheppard?" He looked down at the body with his hands shoved into his suit pockets, i slowly knelt down lifting up the sheet staring at the 19 year old boy that we have been searching for, for months now. 

"Damnit.." Jared looked down at me concerned at the dark expression on my face,"This is the last abduction that Sheppard did," i rubbed the bridge of my nose covering the body back up and standing back up correctly. 

"So this means Sheppard is searching for a new Victim," Jared spoke in a quiet tone staring at me inventively, "I'll alert the other officers and agents, we'll catch him Jay." Jared patted my back fleeing off towards his group of F.B.I agents informing them of the situation. I sighed sadly walking away from the lifeless body laying on the ground, shoving my hands into my pants pocket dragging my feet over to Osric and Jim.

"The victim is Sheppard last abducted, meaning he's on the move for a new person to take." Osric gave off a dark expression groaning in frustration. Jim shook his head looking past me at the body being put into a body bag by paramedics. 

"That son of a bitch." Jim spat grinding his teeth, i cleared my throat looking over at Lauren waving for her to come over to us. Lauren quickly dismissed herself from her group of officers walking over to us with worry radiating off her. 

"What did you find out about the victim?" She raised her eyebrow in curiosity watching the paramedics carry the body bag past us. a lump in my throat formed as the ambulance loaded the body into the back of it, driving away. "Jensen?" she gently tapped my shoulder getting my attention.

"Sorry, The body was Jake Abel. He was abducted last month by Sheppard." I cleared my throat avoiding eye contact with anyone looking down at the ground scratching my chin.

"Sheppard is most likely looking for someone new now," Jim added in, Lauren nodded sadly furrowing her eyebrows pushing past me, her shoes tapping all the way to where the body was found, bending down picking up a small piece of paper that looked like it was crumpled into a little ball. I turned watching her strut back over to us holding the paper out in front of her.

"Catch me if you can." She glared passing the paper around to me, i scanned it gritting my teeth together handing it to Osric who handed it to Jim with a angry expression crossing his face, we all exchanged angry looks knowing that this meant Sheppard was on the move for someone new.