Caught or Not?

I got confused but her act totally piqued my interest. I stood there, glued to my position, waiting for something to happen.

Suddenly, she stood up from the bench and started fidgeting with her dupatta. Following her gaze, I found a man dressed in expensive clothing approaching her. Tension seemed to build up in the atmosphere even more.

I was out of their view but I could hear them speaking. Instincts told me that something was definitely out of the box, definitely!

So, I stood there, behind the bamboo bushes, cautiously eavesdropping in their conversation.

The man started, "I presume you are Amrita Malhotra."

"Yes." The woman continued in a shaky voice, "You had called me yesterday?"

"Yes, yes," he said in a bored tone. "Now, listen carefully. Do this work without getting caught if you want full payment."

"How much will you pay me if I successfully deliver these drugs to U.S.A.?"

Hearing the word 'drugs', a chill crept up my spine. I, immediately, took out my phone and started recording the scene unfolding in front of me.

But my shoulders fell at what he said next.

"Shh! Just shut your mouth or else...." He sighed. "Never mind. Come with me. We need to discuss the matters before your flight leaves, but in a more confined place, away from prying eyes and eavesdroppers."

The last part seemed to be directed towards me. I felt a bit scared.

After they left, I felt totally dismayed and useless. My head was in a spiral, not able to understand what to do next.

I had two choices at hand to be able to stop the smuggling:
(1) follow them and learn more about their plan; and/or
(2) inform the police.

The second option seemed better than the first one but I had no proof in favour of my assertion, so I thought otherwise. But following them would pose dangers and if the outcome does not prove to be fruitful, then the risk would not be worth taking.

Not being able to decide on my next move, I went over and sat down on the bench the woman named Amrita was sitting a few minutes ago.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my head. I smirked to myself. Standing up immediately, I exited the park and hired a cab.

A few minutes later, I was being escorted towards the Anti-Narcotics Department of the Mumbai Airport.

Once meeting the officers, I directly jumped into the matter at hand.

Soon, phones were ringing in every department of this and other nearby airports.

I thanked them and went out of the airport as I was running late for work.

As soon as I was outside, my phone started vibrating. The call was from an unknown number.

On answering the call, I was met by an angry man's voice.

"Don't try to act smart. Stop those officers or else...."

This was followed by a throaty chuckle and then the line went dead.