Petals

Ultimately: Song by Khai Dreams

(Hai welcome to sad.

Just kidding this ain't sad.

Cover drawn by me.

Yes this is boom--)

_____

Amy and Sonic have been friends for years now. After they agreed to forget and move on from that fangirl stage, they've become closer than ever. But those feelings were coming back, and this time she didn't know how to handle them. It's been 3 months since she felt like this, and she still is hiding it.

"Ok Amy, you can do this!" Amy reassured herself. This was it. She was going to tell him. She was hiding behind Tails' workshop. There she could see Sonic and Tails talking on the beach.

...

"I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't." Amy immediately turned around and ran back to town. 'Why do I have to be such a chicken???' Amy scolded at herself in thought. 'And why does love have to be so complicated?' She was lost in thought. She didn't realize she was about to walk into someone.

"Watch out!" A female voice called out.

Amy bumped into someone. Her face collided with the ground. "Ow..."

"Oh my chaos Ms. Amy, I'm sorry! Are you alright?" Amy lifted her head to see Cream and Cheese. "Yeah, I'm ok. And it's not your fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." Cream helped Amy up. Amy wiped the dirt off her knees. "Sorry for bumping into you, I was just thinking..."

"Don't worry, the fault is equally mine. I wasn't watching where I was going either. Oh! Now that's you're here, I'm having a picnic with Ms. Blaze, And Mr. Big. Would--" "Chao!!!" Cheese cut in the middle of Creams sentence. "And Cheese. Would you like to join us?" Amy could use something to get her mind off of Sonic. "Of course Cream, I'd love too."

"Perfect! The more the merrier! I need to pick up some strawberries from the shops though, is it alright if we make that quick trip?" Cream was counting a few rings to save for the strawberries. "No no, I don't mind."

Amy and Cream made their way to the market. Amy was often zoning out, making Cream sometimes having to pull her around. "Ms. Amy? Ms. Amy? Amy!"

"Huh? Yes Cream?" Amy was zoning out again. This time, in the middle of walking up the hill. "You've been zoning out a lot, are you ok?" Amy simply nodded and caught up with Cream. There at the top of the hill, Blaze and Big were setting down food baskets and coolers for refreshments. Silver was there too. "Hello everyone! Oh, Mr. Silver, I didn't expect to see you here." Cream set down the plastic-wrapped bowl of strawberries down on the picnic table.

"I ran into Blaze while she was on her way here, and she invited me. I hope that's alright with you all." Silver said with an adorable nervous smile. "It's more than alright. I brought along a friend too!" Cream gestured to Amy. "Amy!" Big waved as he held froggy tightly.

"Here Amy, you can sit next to me." Blaze scooted over and patted the spot next to her.

"And remember when me, Big, and you went fishing with Marine?" Silver had been sharing old memories. Big laughed. "I remember! Blaze fell off the boat!" Blaze nudged Big. "I-I did not!" Blaze yelled in embarrassment. "I'll do you one better. Remember when Silver tried to make cookies at Vanilla's house? He got cookie dough all over his quills." Cream giggled at the memory. "I remember vividly! And then he didn't know how to use the shower, so he got soap and water all over the place." It took hours to clean up. Silver looked down in embarrassment and puffed his lips out. "Hey! Don't judge me!"

All was going well, until Cream suddenly, somehow, got onto the topic of relationships.

"I've been seeing more people around getting into relationships recently, have you guys been involved in any relationships lately?" Silver and Blaze immediately looked down away from each other. "W-well, no. There hasn't been anyone." Blaze muttered nervously. "Y-yeah..." Cream just smirked and the two. It was clearly obvious. "What about you Big?" Big shook his head.